Air Fryer Jicama Fries RecipeRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Appetizers, Sides, Snacks
Fresh jicama turns into a healthy version of French fries in an easy air fryer recipe! If you’ve never tried jicama before, this tasty appetizer is the perfect recipe to give it a taste. Try something new tonight and whip up this creative non-starchy veggie side dish recipe that the whole family will love!
The first step of making this Air Fryer Jicama Fries recipe is cutting your jicama. Make sure to peel off the hard brown skin exterior before slicing the inside into matchsticks. Feel free to try out a jicama stick before you coat them in the seasoning—they are perfectly fine to enjoy raw and are absolutely delicious! After your taste test, place the jicama sticks into a bowl with your favorite seasonings. We love using a classic blend of garlic powder, paprika and black pepper. Add a tablespoon of olive and toss until the jicama fries are coated in the seasoning.
Now that the jicama is prepped and ready to go, it’s time to get air frying! Place the jicama fries into an air fryer basket and cook them for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Make sure to give the basket a shake halfway through the cooking time.
Finally, the last (and most delicious!) step is to serve up these healthy and crispy Air Fryer Jicama Fries with your favorite sauce. We love them with a creamy garlic aioli but they would also be delicious with barbecue sauce, ketchup, honey mustard or hot sauce. Whatever you decide to dip these fabulous healthy French fries in, make sure to keep track of it in the NuMi app. Some condiments count towards your daily Extras, which are limited to three per day.
These Air Fryer Jicama Fries are the perfect way to get in your daily vegetable servings. One serving counts as one and a half Extras and one Vegetable on the Nutrisystem weight loss plan. They also clock in just under 112 calories… talk about fast food made healthy!
Pair these easy jicama fries with a protein-packed meal! Try out one of the Nutrisystem-approved recipes below:
- Marinated Chicken Thighs >
- Marinated Steak Kebabs >
- Easy Slow Cooker Taco Soup with Ground Beef >
- Jalapeno Cheese Stuffed Chicken >
- Lettuce Bun Deli Sandwich >
- 4-Ingredient Deli Cucumber Sandwich >
- Egg Salad Pepper Sandwich >
- 3-Step Chicken Zucchini Nuggets >
- Cedar Plank Salmon >
Lose weight and get healthy with a convenient meal delivery service! Nutrisystem delivers your favorite meals, snacks and desserts in perfect portions. Click here to learn more about our programs! >
*Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.
Calories per Serving: 112
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 ½ Extras and 1 Vegetable
- 2 cups jicama, cut into matchsticks
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- In a large bowl, toss jicama matchsticks, garlic powder, paprika, black pepper and olive oil.
- Place the jicama fries into an air fryer basket. Air fry for 20 minutes at 400°F. Shake up the basket halfway through the cooking time.
- Serve with your favorite sauce.
- *Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.