Easy Slow Cooker Taco Soup with Ground Beef (High-Protein Recipe!)Recipe posted in: Flex™ Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners
Celebrate Taco Tuesday with a satisfying soup! This protein-packed recipe is perfect for preparing in advance for a busy week ahead. Savory lean beef and a medley of delicious spices come together in the slow cooker for a simple dish that you’ll want to make again and again.
This easy taco soup recipe makes six servings, so it’s great for your healthy meal prep menu! One serving contains just 217 calories and counts as half of a SmartCarb, one PowerFuel and half of a Vegetable serving on the Nutrisystem program. The best part about this easy taco soup recipe? It provides a whopping 21.3 grams of protein! It’s sure to keep you satisfied and energized throughout the day. Click here to log this recipe in the NuMi app. >
Add your favorite taco toppings to this simple and savory soup! You could even get fancy and create a taco soup bar for the whole family. Check out the list below for some topping inspiration.
- Shredded Mexican cheese blend, reduced fat (2 Tbsp. = ½ PowerFuel)
- Diced avocado (1 Tbsp. = 1 Extra)
- Corn tortilla strips/chips (2 Tbsp. = 1 Extra)
- Sour cream (1 Tbsp. = 1 Extra)
- Chopped cilantro (Free Food)
- Lime juice (Free Food)
Healthy Hacks: This slow cooker taco soup recipe is very versatile! Make your favorite swaps and substitutions to fit your taste buds.
- Swap ground beef for ground turkey or chicken. You could even use shredded chicken!
- Swap or add in your favorite spices and herbs.
- Substitute black beans for white beans or pinto beans (or both!).
- Use chicken or vegetable broth instead of beef broth. Swap in bone broth for even more nutrition!
- Add in more non-starchy veggies like sliced bell peppers or riced cauliflower.
Hungry for more healthy slow cooker recipes? The Leaf Weight Loss Blog is filled with delicious ideas for your weight loss plan! Try out these other tasty ideas:
- Slow Cooker Roasted Turkey >
- Slow Cooker Parmesan Chicken Stew >
- Slow Cooker Brisket Chili >
- Slow Cooker Turkey Bolognese with Spaghetti Squash Pasta >
- Slow Cooker Moroccan Lentil Soup >
- Slow Cooker Artichoke Chicken >
- Slow Cooker Garlic Herb Mashed Faux-tatoes >
- Slow Cooker Chicken Gumbo >
Have you created your own slow cooker recipe that you want to share? Submit your creations on our Recipe Submission page for a chance to be featured right here on The Leaf! Click here to share your recipes. >
Build healthier habits with a program backed by science. Get started with a Nutrisystem weight loss plan today! >
Calories per Serving: 217
On Nutrisystem, Count As: ½ SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and ½ Vegetable
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup black beans
- 1- 10 oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can fire roasted diced green chiles
- 3 cups beef broth, low sodium
- Heat large pan to medium-high heat. Brown the beef along with the onions.
- Add tomato paste and seasonings.
- Transfer mixture to a slow cooker and add the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours.