Looking for a Slow Cooker Brisket Chili recipe? It doen’t get much better than this. With this recipe, you get all of the flavor of your typical brisket chili recipe, only it’s lower in calories. In other words, it’s the perfect flex lunch to go with your Nutrisystem weight loss program!
Real beef brisket, fire-roasted diced tomatoes, potatoes and an abundance of flavorful spices unleash an aroma of homemade flavor as it simmers together in a smooth beef broth for eight hours in a slow cooker. When it’s done by dinner time, you will have yourself a brisket that you can feel great about enjoying with the whole family.
When you enjoy this Slow Cooker Brisket Chili recipe as your flex lunch or dinner on your Nutrisystem weight loss program, be sure to count it as one SmartCarb, one PowerFuel and one Vegetable on your NuMi App log.
Why should you log your food on the NuMi App? Research has shown that you’re actually twice as likely to lose weight if you keep track of what you eat. Click here to learn all of the reasons why downloading the NuMi App will increase your chance of losing weight >
Plus, when you log your food using the NuMi App, you get exclusive deals and offers on all of your favorite Nutrisystem foods.
Like this recipe? Click on the link below for another delicious, healthy chili recipe you can make right at home!
Calories per Serving: 239
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel, 1 Vegetable
- 1 lb beef brisket, trimmed and cut into one-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups black beans
- 1 ½ potatoes, cut into one-inch cubes
- 1 (15-oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 cups beef broth, low sodium
- Jalapenos (optional)
- Stir together chili powder, cumin and oregano in a small bowl. Sprinkle half the spice mixture on brisket cubes.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add brisket and cook until browned on all sides.
- In a slow cooker, combine brisket, bell peppers, onion, beans, potatoes, tomatoes, broth and remaining spices.
- Cover and cook on LOW for eight hours.
- Garnish with jalapenos. (optional)