Slow Cooker Garlic Herb Mashed Faux-tatoesRecipe posted in: Healthy Sides & Snacks
Garlic mashed potatoes are given a skinny spin in this Slow Cooker Garlic Herb Mashed Faux-tatoes recipe, which features cauliflower, broth and a whole bunch of delicious herbs and spices. Serve this one up with a whole grain roll and some lean turkey as a flex meal, for a much healthier take on comfort food.
Can’t get enough of your slow cooker this season? Try these 6 Slow Cooker Recipes you’re sure to love.
Servings: Makes 6 servings
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1/6 of recipe counts as 1 Vegetable and 2 Extras
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into medium florets.
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 Tbsp. rosemary, minced
- 1 Tbsp. sage, minced
- 1 Tbsp. thyme, minced
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 4-6 cups water
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- Salt, to taste
- Place cauliflower in slow cooker and top with garlic cloves, vegetable broth and enough water to cover the cauliflower.
- Cook on low heat for 6 hours or high heat for 3.
- Drain the water and broth and add the cauliflower back to the slow cooker.
- Toss in the butter and use a hand blender to mash.
- Stir in fresh herbs and salt.