Slow Cooker Parmesan Chicken StewRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Chicken soup is welcome on our menu any time of the year. Of course, slow cooker stew is a staple in winter. However, even in the middle of summer when the temperatures are soaring, a broth-based bowl of chicken soup and veggies is a refreshing dinner recipe that you’ll be pining for. We kept all seasons in mind when creating this Slow Cooker Parmesan Chicken Stew that packs in the protein, fiber and flavor.
Don’t forget! Chicken is a lean meat, which is a big part of what makes this slow cooker chicken soup recipe so good for you. This slow cooker chicken soup recipe calls for frozen vegetables so that you can whip it up whenever you’re craving a hot and hearty bowl of goodness. Of course, if you have fresh seasonal produce at the ready during spring or summer, feel free to use it! You might just have to adjust the cooking time a bit based on what you’re using.
Get started with this slow cooker chicken soup recipe by prepping your main ingredients. You will need 12 ounces of raw chicken cut up into one-inch pieces, as well as one cup of white potatoes chopped into bite-sized chunks. Place the chicken and potatoes into your slow cooker with one cup of green peas, four cups (or one 12-ounce bag) of frozen non-starchy vegetables, two cloves of minced garlic, one and a half cups of chicken broth, Italian seasoning and black pepper. In a rush? Cook your slow cooker stew on high for about three to four hours. If you want to keep things low and slow while you go about your busy day, cook it on low for about six to eight hours.
After your slow cooker chicken has simmered for some time, create a slurry by mixing together a quarter-cup of both water and cornstarch. Once the chicken is cooked and the potatoes are tender, pour in the cornstarch mixture along with a quarter-cup of nonfat milk and another quarter-cup of Parmesan cheese. Place the lid onto the slow cooker and cook on high for 15 to 30 minutes to thicken. Serve up your slow cooker chicken soup with a delicious summer salad and a slice of whole grain bread if you’d like to add another SmartCarb.
The Leaf Pro Tip: This scrumptious slow cooker stew can easily be made with an Instant Pot! Click here to learn more about this amazing countertop appliance. >
This slow cooker chicken stew recipe feeds a family of four at 292 calories per serving. One serving counts as one SmartCarb, two PowerFuels, one Extra and one Vegetable on your Nutrisystem meal plan. Keep track of this protein-packed soup recipe by downloading our FREE online tracking app, NuMi. NuMi is a great way to stay on top of your meal recipes, snacks and water throughout the day and provides an organized place to enter your daily intake. Click here to log your bowl of soup into your NuMi journal. >
Here at The Leaf Weight Loss Blog, we have a variety of slow cooker and Instant Pot flex meals (and desserts!) within our collection of healthy recipes. Most instant pot recipes and slow cooker recipes are interchangeable and can be adapted for the specific appliance that you have. Check out the list below for some of our favorites:
- Slow Cooker Moroccan Lentil Soup >
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Risotto >
- Slow Cooker Turkey Bolognese with Spaghetti Squash Pasta >
- Simple Slow Cooker Applesauce (No Sugar Added!) >
- Slow Cooker Artichoke Chicken with Potatoes and Sundried Tomatoes >
- Instant Pot Flourless Chocolate Cake >
- Slow Cooker Quinoa Carrot Breakfast Bowl >
- Instant Pot Smoked Brisket >
- Slow Cooker Apple Cranberry Crumble >
- Instant Pot Maple Walnut Cheesecake >
Looking for more healthy chicken recipes? Check out our Air Fryer Dry Rubbed Chicken Bites! >
Soups and stews are a great addition to your healthy diet. They’re hearty and satisfying yet light enough to keep you energized for the rest of the day. Plus, more often than not, they are jam-packed with lean protein and nutrient-rich non-starchy veggies. That’s why we’ve added several different ready-to-go soups to the Nutrisystem a la carte menu! Stock up on customer favorites like our Chicken Noodle Soup, Beans and Ham Soup and Mushroom Parmesan Soup. Our perfectly-portioned meals are the definition of healthy eating made easy!
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks? Lose weight and get healthy with the Nutrisystem meal delivery service! We deliver your favorite foods made healthier directly to your door. Learn more about our delicious home delivery meal plans >
Calories per Serving: 292
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels, 1 Extra and 1 Vegetable
- 12 oz. raw chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup white potato, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup green peas
- 4 cups (~12 oz. bag) frozen vegetables (i.e. cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, bell peppers, etc.)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth, low sodium
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup nonfat milk
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Place the chicken, potatoes, peas, vegetables, garlic, Italian seasoning, black pepper and chicken broth into a slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- In a small bowl, mix together water and cornstarch.
- Once the chicken is cooked and the potatoes are tender, pour in the cornstarch mixture, milk and Parmesan cheese.
- Place the lid onto the slow cooker and cook on high for 15-30 minutes to thicken.