Slow Cooker Recipe: Apple Cranberry CrumbleRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Healthy Sides & Snacks
Love a good slow cooker recipe? You’re going to go crazy for this unbelievably delicious Apple Cranberry Crisp. Featuring sweet and tangy Granny Smith apples, fresh cranberries, cinnamon, maple syrup and a few other ingredients you probably already keep in your kitchen, this slow cooker recipe is as easy to create as it is to devour.
The best part is, this popular slow cooker recipe clocks in at just 155 calories per serving. Which means that although it might taste like you’re indulging in a decadent treat of the diet-wrecking variety, this Apple Cranberry Crisp slow cooker recipe is actually totally guilt-free. It fits perfectly with your Nutrisystem program as a snack. Just count it as one SmartCarb and one Extra in your NuMi log. Not using NuMi? What are you waiting for!? This free online tracker is the perfect complement to your Nutrisystem program. It will help keep you accountable and on track toward your weight loss goals. Plus, it’s packed with tons of helpful tips and exclusive offers for all your favorite Nutrisystem foods and products. Learn more about the benefits of using NuMi right here >
If you own a slow cooker, you already know just how amazing they are. You literally just toss a bunch of ingredients in, turn it on, set the timer, and let your concoction cook while you go about your day. Talk about set it and forget it!
Don’t own one a slow cooker just yet? You might want to consider it. Our favorite thing about slow cookers is just how easy they make healthy eating. You can make soups, veggies, casseroles, oatmeal and so much more in these simple little kitchen appliances. They’re great to have on hand when you’re whipping up a quick flex meal (Check out a few here >). Plus, they’re not overly expensive. You can purchase some of the larger varieties for as low as $30 nowadays.
Servings: Makes 8 servings
Calories per Serving: 155
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 Extra
- 4 cups Granny Smith apples, diced (~3 large apples)
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
- ½ cup rolled oats, dry
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 3-5 Tbsp. Truvia (depending on desired sweetness)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla or maple extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 4 Tbsp. butter, cold and diced
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread the apples and cranberries in the bottom of your slow cooker. Add the lemon juice, sugar-free maple syrup, ground cinnamon and whole wheat flour and stir to coat the apples and cranberries.
- In a separate bowl mix the rolled oats, whole wheat flour, Truvia, sea salt and cinnamon. Using a pastry blender or fork, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping over the apples and cranberries.
- Spread a dish towel or large paper towel over the top of the slow cooker, and place the lid on top of the dish towel. This will catch any condensation that forms and keep the topping crisp.
- Cook on high for 1½ hours or low for 2½ hours, then remove the lid and towel and continue to cook uncovered for 1 hour, until the fruit is soft and the topping is crisp. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Reheating leftovers: Leftovers taste best if reheated in an oven or toaster oven at 300 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes.