Instant Pot Flourless Chocolate CakeRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Snacks, Desserts
If you own an Instant Pot, then you already know of all the hearty soups and melt-in-your-mouth meat dishes that you can create. But did you know you can make delectable desserts in the Instant Pot, as well? This delicious dairy-free and Flourless Chocolate Cake is the perfect way to instantly satisfy your sweet tooth.
How can you make a cake without flour, you ask? Well, this is where we’d like to introduce arrowroot powder. Arrowroot powder is a natural powdered root starch that is very lightweight, which is why it is the perfect replacement for flour! On top of that, it has a tremendous amount of nutritional benefits. And this means that you can snack on a delectable treat all while maintaining a healthy diet. That’s definitely a win in our book.
Cooking this recipe in the Instant Pot means your final product will be anything but dry, so it doesn’t even need any frosting! Simply serve each slice with fresh raspberries to add onto the natural sweetness of this dish, and you’ve got yourself a dessert that everyone will be raving about.
And with plenty to go around at 12 servings per cake, everyone really can rave about it. This recipe is the perfect dessert to bring to your next gathering with friends and family. Just remember, one serving does count as three Extras, so be sure to save all the leftovers for a later date!
And to ensure that you are staying on track with your weight loss goals, log each serving of this Instant Pot Flourless Chocolate Cake in the NuMi App. Using our handy food tracker app makes weight loss with a Nutrisystem meal plan even easier! Easily log each serving of this Flourless Chocolate Cake right here in NuMi >
Dessert lover? You can use yourInstant Pot to create plenty of other dessert items, too. Check out this recipe for Instant Pot Key Lime Cheesecake >
Want to lose weight enjoying cake, ice cream and even cookies?Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 81
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 3 Extras
- 2/3 cup stevia sweetened chocolate chips
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup arrowroot powder
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder + 1 Tbsp. for dusting cake pan
- 1 tsp. instant coffee
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 8-10 drops liquid stevia (optional)
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Add two cups of water to Instant Pot and place trivet inside. Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set on the trivet. Select “Sauté” setting on Instant Pot and melt the chocolate over the simmering water. Carefully remove bowl once chocolate has completely melted.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together applesauce, eggs and vanilla extract. Next, add arrowroot powder, cocoa powder, instant coffee, salt and stevia (if using); stir until combined. Fold in melted chocolate.
- Prepare 6” cake pan by spraying liberally with nonstick cooking spray. Use remaining 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder to dust the inside of the cake pan. Pour batter into prepared pan, cover with aluminum foil and place pan on trivet above hot water in Instant Pot.
- Seal lid with vent in the closed position. Select “Pressure Cooker” setting and “High Pressure”. Change cooking time to 4 minutes. When beep sounds (signaling completion of cooking), use the Quick Release to release pressure from the Instant Pot before carefully removing lid.
- Remove cake from Instant Pot and allow to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a serving plate. Serve each slice with fresh raspberries.