Simple Slow Cooker Applesauce (No Sugar Added!)Recipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Sides, Snacks
Aside from being packed with nourishment (one medium apple dishes out nearly 20 percent of your daily fiber needs), apples are extremely versatile. You can savor them solo, pair them with peanut butter, bake them, dehydrate them or toss them in salads or stir-fries.
But perhaps one of the tastiest ways to enjoy apples is to transform them into a homemade applesauce using your slow cooker. Check out this super simple, no sugar-added applesauce recipe that’s as easy as (apple) pie!
One serving of this Simple Slow Cooker Applesauce counts as one SmartCarb on the Nutrisystem program.
Check out these other tasty apple recipes:
- Apple Pie Yogurt Parfait >
- Creamy Apple Cinnamon Smoothie Bowls >
- Air Fryer Apple Chips >
- Cinnamon Spice Baked Apples >
- Instant Pot Apple Cake >
Want to lose weight enjoying healthy meals and snacks? Nutrisystem has a plan for you! Get started with a program today >
Servings: ½ cup equals one serving; recipe makes about 14 servings
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb
- 12 medium red apples (any flavor but the sweeter the apples, the sweeter the sauce so Gala, McIntosh or Honeycrisp are all great options!)
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. raw, unfiltered, organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- Remove the core from your apples then slice them in quarters (do not peel!)
- Add all ingredients to the crock pot and stir so apple chunks are coated in cinnamon, nutmeg and apple cider vinegar
- Cook on low for about 3-3.5 hours