Slow Cooker Quinoa Carrot Breakfast BowlRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex Meals & Snacks, Main Courses
Carrot cake lovers, you’re welcome. This Quinoa Carrot Breakfast Bowl tastes just like your favorite dessert, but goes much lighter on the diet destruction. Serve it with an extra dose of nuts or an egg for a perfectly balanced flex breakfast. The sweetest thing about this quinoa breakfast treat? It makes enough to cover more than one morning. Which means you’ll be happy to skip the snooze button for once!
Looking for more healthy breakfast ideas? Try this Veggie Quinoa Breakfast Bake > from The Leaf Weight Loss Blog.
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 PowerFuel
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk with added protein
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 2 carrots, grated
- 3 Tbsp. shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3-4 stevia packets
- 1 Tbsp. chopped walnuts, for topping
- Wash, dry and grate zucchini. Put shredded zucchini in a clean dishtowel and squeeze out the excess liquid.
- Wash, dry and grate carrots.
- Add all ingredients, except walnuts, to a 5 to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Stir contents of slow cooker with a large spoon until combined.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours stirring occasionally.
- To serve, top with 1 Tbsp. chopped walnuts.