4-Ingredient Deli Cucumber SandwichRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses, Snacks
If you thought that cucumber was just a garnish on your side salad, thank again! We’re bringing this hydrating veggie front and center in a low-carb sandwich recipe that’s simple and satisfying. Featuring just four ingredients and a whole lot of flavor, you can dig into this delicious deli meat sub without a speck of guilt. Cucumber slices are the bread of this sandwich, making it the perfect lunch or healthy snack for your weight loss program.
The best part about this 4-Ingredient Deli Cucumber Sandwich? You get to enjoy TWO whole sandwiches as one delicious serving! This clocks in at just 108 calories and counts as one PowerFuel, one Extra and one Vegetable on the Nutrisystem program. Stay organized with all of your food intake with an easy-to-use app that keeps you on track! The NuMi app by Nutrisystem fits perfectly into your weight loss plan and can help you reach your goals.
We think this dish could make a great low-carb lunch or even an appetizer at your next dinner party. Want to make this healthy recipe a hearty meal? Add in some more non-starchy veggies, like sliced tomatoes, onions or bell peppers. You could even add another PowerFuel by adding an extra serving of deli meat or cheese. Serve it with a SmartCarb like a side of our homemade BBQ Sweet Potato Chips or a slice of our Whole Wheat Herb Focaccia Bread.
Cucumbers are a versatile veggie that we love all year round! Check out some other healthy cucumber recipes below:
- Quinoa Cucumber Salad >
- Smoked Salmon Cucumber Cups >
- Cauliflower Rice Sushi Bowl >
- 3-Ingredient Spicy Cucumber Snack Sticks >
- Sesame Soy Cucumber Salad >
- Zesty Cucumber and Dill Salad >
- Asian Cashew and Farro Salad >
- Herbed Goat Cheese Cucumber Cups >
- 5-Star Cucumber Dill Dip >
- Greek Orzo Summer Salad >
- Crab Stuffed Cucumber Cups >
Servings: 2 (1 serving = 2 sandwiches)
Calories per Serving: 108
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 Extra and 1 Vegetable
- 1 medium cucumber
- 2 wedges (~4 Tbsp.) of cheese spread, reduced fat
- 4 slices (~4 oz.) deli turkey or ham, low sodium
- Black pepper, to taste
- Remove the ends of the cucumber. Cut the cucumber in half. Cut each half into ¼-inch thick long slices to form the "bread". You should end up with 8 slices.
- Blot the cucumber slices with a towel to remove extra moisture.
- For each sandwich, use two cucumber slices. Spread one slice with cheese. Top with deli meat and top with the other cucumber slice.
- Sprinkle the top of the sandwich with black pepper. Repeat with the remaining cucumber slices.