Say goodbye to standard sandwich bread and say hello to a low-carb alternative that keeps things light and healthy. We transformed a classic deli sandwich into a diet-friendly dish that features just five simple ingredients. An easy lettuce bun holds this creative recipe together and offers a satisfying crunch that can’t be beat.
Healthy Hacks: You can add more non-starchy veggies to this dish to increase the flavor and fullness factor! Try it with sliced onions, red bell peppers or even some jalapenos for a spicy kick. Enjoying this dish in the summer? Don’t be afraid to throw it on the grill to melt the cheese and add some extra crunch!
One serving of this low-carb Lettuce Bun Deli Sandwich clocks in at just 168 calories. It counts as two PowerFuels, one Extra and one Vegetable on the Nutrisystem program. Because this sandwich doesn’t contain any SmartCarbs, you can feel free to serve it up with a high-fiber side! Try it with our recipe for Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries or enjoy a delicious post-meal dessert like these Air Fryer Apple Fritters. Just be sure to keep track of your Flex meal in the NuMi app to stay on track. Click here to log this recipe in NuMi! >
Sandwiches make eating easy while on the go! We have plenty of creative sandwich ideas for you to try. Check out these other delicious sandwich recipes for your meal prep menu:
- Egg Salad Pepper Sandwich >
- 4-Ingredient Deli Cucumber Sandwich >
- Pancake Breakfast Sandwich >
- Chicken Sausage and Peppers Sandwich >
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Apple Slaw >
- Skinny Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich >
- Blackened Fish Sandwich >
- Loaded Grilled Chicken Sandwich >
- Avocado Chicken Salad Sandwich >
- Skinny Cheese Steak Sandwich >
- BBQ Jackfruit Sandwich >
Get started with a convenient meal delivery service that helps you lose weight and get healthy! Nutrisystem delivers pantry and freezer friendly options directly to your door. Learn more about our simple meal plans or shop our full menu a la carte! >
Calories per Serving: 168
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 PowerFuels, 1 Extra and 1 Vegetable
- 2 slices iceberg lettuce
- 1 Tbsp. ranch dressing, reduced fat
- 2 slices deli turkey or ham, low sodium
- 1 slice cheddar cheese, reduced fat
- 1 tomato slice
- Slice off the ends of the iceberg lettuce. Choose two thick slices to use as a bun.
- Top one half of the lettuce bun with ranch dressing, deli meat, cheddar and tomatoes.
- Place the other half of the lettuce bun on top.