Featuring Italian seasoned chicken sausage with sautéed peppers and onions in between a warm, toasted bun. At just over 300 calories in a sandwich this delicious, this recipe is too good to be true.
Enjoy one sandwich for a flex dinner and count it as two PowerFuels, one SmartCarb and one Vegetable on your NuMi App log.
Click on the link below to explore some more satisfying sandwich recipes you can make right at home!
Calories per Serving: 310
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 PowerFuels, 1 SmartCarb, 1 Vegetable
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 oz. Italian chicken sausage, 4 3oz. sausages
- 4 whole wheat hot dog rolls, toasted
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook peppers and onions, stirring frequently, until softened, about 10 minutes. Add in garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and cook for an additional minute.
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high. Place sausages on grill and cook until crispy and lightly browned.
- Serve each sausage on a toasted roll topped with peppers and onions.