Loaded Grilled Chicken SandwichRecipe posted in:
Your favorite Nutrisystem lunch item is taken to a whole new level in this protein-packed recipe that’s loaded with flavor. We dress up our Grilled Chicken Sandwich with veggies, cheese and condiments for a lunchtime meal that’s sure to satisfy. The best part about this simple dish is that it is extremely quick to put together. The convenience of Nutrisystem foods is proven once again as we use one of our most popular meals to create a healthy, elevated sandwich recipe that aligns with your weight loss journey and diet goals..
If you haven’t tried a Nutrisystem Grilled Chicken Sandwich yet, what are you waiting for?! There’s a reason this menu item has over 4,000 five-star reviews! Tender white meat chicken is infused with flame-broiled flavor for a hot-off-the-grill taste. We serve it all up on a hearty whole grain bun for the perfect mouthwatering lunch to enjoy on the go. This classic yet versatile meal contains 13 grams of protein, three grams of dietary fiber and just five grams of fat.
As you peruse the reviews of this lunchtime delight on Nutrisystem.com, you’ll notice a common trend: many customers love to add non-starchy veggies, flavorful condiments and other ingredients to make it their own. Nutrisystem customer, Honorb, labels it as one of the best Nutrisystem menu items in a five-star review. “Really good flavor and texture is decent. Very satisfying with lettuce, tomato and a little mayo. Would enjoy this even if I weren’t dieting.” A healthy and weight loss-friendly grilled chicken sandwich that doesn’t taste like diet food? Count us in! Click here to stock up your freezer with this menu favorite! >
Preparing our frozen Grilled Chicken Sandwich is as easy as can be. After about a minute in the microwave (time may vary depending on your appliance), you can dig into this hot and hearty sandwich. Our healthy recipe developers at The Leaf put their own tasty spin on this top-rated Nutrisystem menu item. The name of this recipe doesn’t lie; our Grilled Chicken Sandwich gets loaded with melty cheese, rich avocado, crispy greens and a two-ingredient, homemade creamy mustard sauce. For a beefy twist, these toppings would even be delicious on top of a Nutrisystem Hamburger!
To make this healthy sandwich, get started by preparing our Grilled Chicken Sandwich according to the package’s directions. Once you remove it from the microwave, immediately place half of a slice of reduced fat Swiss cheese on the chicken while it’s hot. This will allow the cheese to melt a bit. In a small bowl, mix together your homemade sauce by combining a quarter teaspoon each of Dijon mustard and light mayonnaise. Spread the sauce on one side of the bun. Spread one tablespoon of avocado onto the other side of the bun. Top the chicken with a handful of mixed greens and place it inside the bun before digging in.
The Leaf Pro Tip: Just because we loaded our sandwich with Swiss cheese, avocado and mixed greens, that doesn’t mean you have too! Make this meal your own creation by swapping in your favorite low-fat cheese, such as sharp cheddar, provolone, feta or smoked Gouda. Not a fan of Dijon mustard? Leave it out! You can also substitute the non-starchy vegetables that you enjoy most, such as sliced tomatoes, onions, peppers, sprouts or shredded purple cabbage for a high fiber boost. Refer to the handy Nutrisystem Grocery Guide if you need a little cooking inspiration.
If you’re trying to follow a low carb diet, you can easily omit the sandwich bun in this recipe. There are many tasty alternatives to bread that are just has delicious and nutritious. Check out these six low carb bread alternatives! >
One serving of this Loaded Grilled Chicken Sandwich contains 294 calories and counts as one SmartCarb, one and a half PowerFuels and one Extra on the Nutrisystem program. Even though this recipe is featuring a diet friendly Nutrisystem lunch, it’s still very important to keep track of it in your daily food journal. Make your healthy meal prep and overall meal tracking experience as easy as this grilled chicken sandwich recipe with a little help from the NuMi app! Quickly log your meals, snacks, water and exercise, then go about your busy day. Click here to log your sandwich into the NuMi app >
Want to learn how to build the perfect healthy sandwich? You’re in luck! Our health and wellness experts at The Leaf have created the ultimate sandwich building guide. Become a sandwich pro at the link below:
Here at The Leaf Weight Loss Blog, we LOVE a good sandwich. That’s why our recipe section is jam-packed with delicious sandwiches for your weight loss menu. Check out some of our favorites below:
- Crispy cod and creamy yogurt create this seafood sammie. Try our Blackened Fish Sandwich >
- Take a trip to the Mediterranean on a Nutrisystem Honey Wheat Bagel. Wake up to this Mediterranean Breakfast Sandwich >
- Flapjacks are the bread in this cheesy, morning meal. Say good morning with our Pancake Breakfast Sandwich >
- Enjoy a Philadelphia classic made healthy. Try our lightened-up Skinny Cheese Steak Sandwich >
- How do you make a sandwich even better? You grill it! Try this recipe for a piping hot Avocado Pesto Panini >
- A modern take on the classic egg salad. Avocado adds rich creaminess to this Skinny Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich >
- Sandwiches go sweet in a fruity bagel brunch. Start the day off right with this Peach Buzz Bagel Sandwich >
- Nutrisystem Buttermilk Waffles hold this satisfying sandwich together. You’ll love this unique Turkey, Apple and Swiss Waffle Sandwich >
- Rotisserie chicken makes this recipe quick and easy. Enjoy lunch in a rush with this Avocado Chicken Salad Sandwich >
Do you love experimenting with your Nutrisystem Grilled Chicken Sandwich? Have you come up with a new favorite sandwich recipe that you want to share? We want to see it! Now you can share all of your unique creations on our Recipe Submission page. You could even have your recipe featured right here on The Leaf Weight Loss Blog! Click here to share your recipes >
Are you in need of a healthy meal delivery service? Nutrisystem delivers perfectly portioned meals and snacks directly to your door! Learn more about Nutrisystem meal plans >
Calories per Serving: 294
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 ½ PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 1 Nutrisystem® Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- ½ slice Swiss cheese reduced fat
- 1 Tbsp. avocado
- ¼ tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. light mayonnaise
- 1 handful mixed greens
- Heat Nutrisystem® Grilled Chicken Sandwich according to package's directions.
- Immediately place the swiss cheese on the chicken while it's hot so that it melts.
- Mix together the mayonnaise and mustard. Spread it on one side of the bun.
- Spread the avocado on the other side of bun.
- Top chicken with mixed greens and place inside the bun.