Turkey, Apple & Swiss Waffle SandwichRecipe posted in: Nutrisystem Food Hacks, Breakfasts, Main Courses
Get your morning off to a hearty start with this delicious waffle sandwich that features the classic flavors of turkey, apple and Swiss cheese.
Using your Nutrisystem Buttermilk Waffles (click here to replenish your stash >), this tasty breakfast sandwich is as good-for-you as it is good!
Calories per Serving: 358
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels, 1/2 Vegetable and 3 Extras
- 2 Nutrisystem waffles
- 1/8 avocado
- 2 Tbsp. nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 oz. oven roasted deli turkey
- 1 slice low-fat swiss cheese
- 1 medium-thick slice red onion
- ¼ granny smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1 small handful (~¼ cup) baby spinach leaves
- Preheat Panini press to medium-high heat or preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl combine avocado, yogurt, salt and pepper to create the avocado spread. Mash together until avocado and yogurt are thoroughly combined. Then, spread mixture evenly over one side of each waffle.
- Layer turkey, cheese, red onion, apple and spinach on one waffle and top with remaining waffle.
- Place waffle sandwich on Panini press and grill for 3-5 minutes until cheese has melted and waffles are golden brown. Alternatively, place waffle sandwich on a baking sheet and in oven for 5-8 minutes until cheese has melted and waffles are golden brown.