Say good morning with a warm and filling pancake breakfast. These flapjacks are the bread in a healthy and cheesy egg sandwich.
If you love a hearty and filling breakfast, this Pancake Breakfast Sandwich will be your new favorite daybreak feast. Starting your morning with a high protein and fiber-filled meal will fuel your day and help you stay full. Get started by grabbing a mixing bowl and combine whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, an egg, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla and margarine. Heat a skillet with nonstick spray on medium-high heat. Once it’s heated, pour your pancake batter into the skillet making four separate pancakes. Cook each cake for two to three minutes on each side until they are golden. Set your finished pancakes aside.
The next step is to create the sandwich filling. Start by beating two eggs in a small bowl. Grease the inside of two metal circle cookie cutters or two mason jar lids and place them onto a greased skillet. Pour a small amount of egg into each cookie cutter or lid. Once the egg is slightly cooked, pour the rest of the egg mixture evenly into each round. This step will prevent the raw eggs from seeping out of the metal round and into the rest of the pan. Place a lid on your skillet and continue cooking until the eggs are fully cooked. Remove the metal rounds from the eggs and place a slice of reduced fat cheddar cheese on each. Assemble your sandwich by placing a pancake on a plate, followed by your cheesy egg. Top with another pancake and serve warm.
One Pancake Breakfast Sandwich contains 304 calories and counts as one SmartCarb, two PowerFuels and two Extras on the Nutrisystem program. While you’re fueling up on this pancake platter, log it in our NuMi app! It’s easy to use and perfect for tracking your meals and weight loss. We created NuMi to compliment your Nutrisystem program and help you be successful. Get started with NuMi today! >
Craving more hotcakes? Check out these other diet-friendly recipes below:
- 3-Ingredient Banana Pancakes >
- Irish “Potato” Pancakes >
- Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes >
- Mashed Potato Pancakes >
- Easy Oatmeal Pancakes >
- Red, White & Blueberry Pancakes >
If you don’t feel like making your own breakfast sandwich, Nutrisystem makes a healthy Turkey Sausage and Egg Muffin sandwich that is just as tasty. Order them here >
Want to lose weight enjoying healthy and high-protein breakfasts? Nutrisystem is the program for you! Check out our plans >
Calories per Serving: 304
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 PowerFuels and 2 Extras
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄8 tsp. baking soda
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 slices cheddar cheese, reduced fat
- ½ Tbsp. margarine
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, 1 egg, milk, maple syrup, vanilla and margarine.
- Spray a skillet with nonstick spray and heat to medium-high heat.
- Once heated, pour a small amount of pancake batter and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until done. Batter should make about 4 small pancakes, enough to make 2 sandwiches. Set aside.
- Once pancakes are cooked, beat together the remaining 2 eggs in a bowl.
- Grease the inside of 2 metal circle cookie cutters or 2 mason jar lids. Place onto a greased skillet.
- Pour a small amount of egg into each metal round. Once the egg is slightly cooked, pour in the rest of the egg mixture evenly. This will prevent the raw eggs from seeping out of the cookie cutter/lid. Cover skillet and cook until egg is fully cooked.
- Remove cookie cutter or lid and top each egg with 1 slice of cheese.
- Assemble sandwich by placing a pancake on the bottom, followed by the cheesy egg. Top with second pancake. Serve warm.