Easy Oatmeal PancakesRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Nutrisystem Food Hacks, Main Courses
These easy Oatmeal Pancakes are a total morning must-have. Featuring a few simple ingredients and a popular Nutrisystem breakfast, the Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal, they’re just the thing to get you up and at ’em healthy-style.
The best part? You don’t have to be a whiz in the kitchen to whip up this breakfast of champions!
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 Nutrisystem Breakfast and 1 Extra
- 1 package Nutrisystem Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 2 Tbsp. egg whites
- 1 tsp. maple syrup or 1 Tbsp. sugar-free maple syrup
- In a microwave-safe bowl combine oatmeal and ¼ cup water. Stir. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) for 90 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and stir again. Oatmeal should resemble a thick paste. Set aside to cool.
- Add vanilla, baking soda, and egg whites to cooled oatmeal. Stir thoroughly using the spoon to break up any chunks of oatmeal.
- Heat a small sauté pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- Pour oatmeal batter into the pan forming 2 small pancakes.
- Cook about 4 minutes on the first side, or until bubbles appear on the tops of the pancakes and edges are becoming dry.
- Carefully flip and cook 3-4 minutes on the other side, until golden-brown and set. Serve with maple syrup.