Did someone say pancakes? We did! And these are no ordinary pancakes— they’re Irish Potato Pancakes complemented with vanilla, cinnamon, shredded coconut and topped with a cream cheese drizzle. All of these scrumptious ingredients in one mouthwatering meal, and all Nutrisytem-approved! Talk about a diet win.
To create your pancakes, you simply blend the cottage cheese, egg, egg whites, oats, vanilla extract, cinnamon and baking powder to create a batter-like consistency. Evenly distribute your pancake batter on a nonstick pan and flip when the pancakes begin to bubble. You’ll want your Irish Potato Pancakes to be golden brown on both sides. Now onto the best part! To create your delectable, sweet and delicious cream cheese drizzle, combine Neufchatel cheese, Greek yogurt, skim milk and stevia extract in a small bowl until fully mixed (you can create this while your pancakes are cooking or before!). When the pancakes are finished, drizzle the homemade frosting and shredded coconut on top, and prepare yourself to enjoy the breakfast of a lifetime.
What can possibly make these tasty treats even more enjoyable? One serving (two pancakes) counts as just one PowerFuel and one SmartCarb on your Nutrisystem meal plan. Clocking in at just 160 calories per serving, remember to log these Irish Potato Pancakes in your NuMi app to ensure you are staying on track with your weight loss goals. You can easily log your pancakes right here in the NuMi app > Haven’t used our handy weight loss tracker app yet? You’ll want to start ASAP! Check out NuMi 101: A Comprehensive Guide to Our Free Tracking App to learn everything you need to know about our app.
Feeling festive? Be sure to try this sweet and delicious recipe for a Pot of Gold St. Patrick’s Day Shake >
Servings: 3 (2 pancakes)
Calories per Serving: 160
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 1 SmartCarb
- 1 Tbsp. Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp. nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2-3 drops stevia extract
- ½ cup 1% fat cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup quick cooking oats
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut
- Combine Neufchatel cheese, Greek yogurt, skim milk and stevia extract in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Blend the cottage cheese, egg, egg whites, oats, vanilla extract, cinnamon and baking powder in blender or food processor.
- Heat a griddle or a nonstick pan to medium-low; spray with cooking spray.
- Pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto the heated surface. When pancake bubbles on the edges, flip it over and continue cooking until golden brown on both sides.
- Top with the cream cheese drizzle and shredded coconut before serving.