Easy Skinny Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich RecipeRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Thinly sliced pieces of steak covered in melted cheese with mushrooms, peppers and onions in between a soft roll: This easy and healthy Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich recipe gives you the iconic sandwich from the City of Brotherly Love without the calories and all the flavor.
This recipe makes four servings. If you’re on a Nutrisystem weight loss plan, you can log this recipe as two PowerFuels, one SmartCarb and one Vegetable in your NuMi App. This delicious dish makes a perfect Flex Meal Dinner.
Craving the flavors of a classic Philly cheesesteak sandwich but don’t feel like cooking? Stock up on the Steak and Cheese Melt from Nutrisystem! It’s a perfectly portioned, freezer friendly version of the Philadelphia classic that you’ll want for lunch every week. Click here to fill up your freezer! >
Click on the link below to explore some more delicious sandwich recipes you can make right at home!
Servings: 4 (1 serving = ½ sandwich)
Calories per Serving: 292
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 PowerFuels, 1 SmartCarb, 1 Vegetable
- 1 Tbsp. water
- ½ large Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. flank steak, visible fat removed, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground pepper
- 2 slices reduced fat provolone cheese
- 2 6” sub rolls, sliced in half and toasted
- Heat water in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onion and mushrooms for several minutes until vegetables are browned and most of the water has evaporated. Add bell peppers and garlic powder to pan and continue to cook until softened, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat, add Worcestershire sauce, stir and keep warm.
- In a second skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. While pan is heating, combine steak, flour, salt and pepper in a bowl and toss until steak is lightly coated. Then, add the steak to the skillet and cook, stirring, until just cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Put 1 slice of cheese on each roll and broil until the cheese is melted and the roll is lightly toasted. Top each roll with ½ of the meat and ½ of the vegetables. Slice each sandwich in half and serve.