Jalapeno Cheese Stuffed ChickenRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Turn your favorite appetizer into a main course with this Jalapeno Cheese Stuffed Chicken recipe! If you love Jalapeno Poppers, this delicious dinner is sure to become a regular on your weight loss menu. The best part about this chicken recipe? It’s easy to prepare and only requires six simple ingredients.
To make this zesty meal, preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cut a few slits in the chicken and place it onto a baking sheet. Season with black pepper, paprika and any other spices that you enjoy! Spices are considered Free Foods on the Nutrisystem plan, so you can spice things up as much as you’d like. Next, heat the cream cheese for 30 seconds and mix in chopped jalapeno and cheddar cheese. Add the cream cheese filling to the slits of the chicken, then spray the chicken with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked.
One serving of this Jalapeno Cheese Stuffed Chicken contains 191 calories. It counts as two PowerFuels and one Extra on your Nutrisystem program. If you’d like to add a SmartCarb to your meal, feel free to serve this dish with some brown rice or a side of quinoa. You could even slice it up and put it inside a whole wheat tortilla! However you decide to enjoy this dinner, just make sure to log it in your NuMi journal to stay on track with your weight loss plan. Click here to log this recipe in the NuMi app! >
Spicy foods like peppers are the perfect addition to your diet and weight loss menu! According to Science Daily, scientists found that capsaicin, the component in peppers that makes them hot, increased the energy expenditure of people who ate it for several hours after a meal. Another study, published in the journal PLoS ONE, found that consumption of chili peppers was associated with a 13 percent lower risk of early death. So, spice up your life and fill your menu with the zesty recipes below.
- Spicy Buffalo Deviled Eggs >
- Mexican Street Corn Dip Recipe >
- Buffalo Turkey Meatballs >
- Bacon Jalapeno Cauliflower Mac and Cheese >
- 2-Step Sweet & Spicy Braised Cabbage >
- Buffalo Blue Cheese Dip >
- Roasted Jalapeno Quinoa and Chickpea Salad >
Get started with a convenient meal delivery service that helps you lose weight! Nutrisystem delivers pantry and freezer friendly options directly to your door. Learn more about the Nutrisystem program or shop our menu a la carte! >
Calories per Serving: 191
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 PowerFuels and 1 Extra
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- ¼ cup cream cheese, low fat
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese, reduced fat
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut a few slits in the chicken. Place it onto the baking sheet and season with black pepper and paprika.
- Heat the cream cheese for 30 seconds. Mix in chopped jalapeno and cheddar cheese.
- Add the cream cheese filling to the slits of the chicken.
- Spray chicken with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked.