Cauliflower takes the place of pasta in this decadent Bacon Jalapeno Cauli-Mac n Cheese. This dish may be short on carbs but it’s not short on flavor.
Once again, cauliflower doesn’t let us down. This hearty veggie is now featured in a delicious low carb mac and cheese filled with low sodium turkey bacon, chopped jalapenos and scallions, low fat cream cheese and cheddar cheese. You won’t miss the macaroni noodles in this healthy take on a family favorite. Even your kids will be asking for seconds!
To make this diet-friendly dish, simply boil some cauliflower until it’s tender. Sauté chopped jalapenos in olive oil over medium-high heat. In a separate pot, simmer fat free half and half, then add reduced fat cream cheese, low fat shredded cheddar, Dijon mustard, garlic powder and black pepper. Cook this mixture until it’s melted, then add your cauliflower, chopped jalapenos, cooked and chopped turkey bacon and chopped scallions. Enjoy your delicious low carb mac!
One serving of this Bacon Jalapeno Cauli-Mac n Cheese contains 178 calories and counts as one PowerFuel, one Extra and half of a Vegetable serving on the Nutrisystem program. To keep track of your meals and snacks throughout your journey, download the NuMi app! It’s easy to use and can help you reach your weight loss goals. Get started with your FREE NuMi journal >
Cauliflower is the perfect low carb swap. Check out these other creative ideas:
- Cauliflower Tabbouleh >
- Low Carb Cauliflower Crust Pizza >
- Crispy Cauliflower Nachos >
- Cauliflower Fried Rice with Shrimp >
- Spinach Mushroom Cauliflower Risotto >
- Creamy Cauliflower “Potato Salad” >
- Cauliflower Crust Breadsticks >
For those who don’t feel like cooking, Nutrisystem makes a variety of diet-friendly mac and cheese entrees that are just as delicious. Try our Mac and Cheese, White Cheddar Mac and Cheese, Mac and Cheese with Turkey Sausage, Salisbury Steak with Mac & Cheese and Fiesta Macaroni and Cheese!
Lose weight enjoying healthy meals and snacks with Nutrisystem! Check out our programs here >
Calories per Serving: 178
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 Extra and 1/2 Vegetable
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup half and half, fat free
- 2 Tbsp. cream cheese, low fat
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, reduced fat
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 slices low sodium turkey bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Add cauliflower florets to a pot of boiling water. Cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a small pan to medium-high. Add chopped jalapenos and cook until soft. Set aside.
- Add half and half to a pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Dijon mustard, black pepper and garlic powder to the pot. Cook until melted.
- Pour cauliflower into cheese mixture. Stir in jalapenos, chopped bacon and chopped scallions. Add more half and half to thin out if needed.