Cauliflower Fried Rice with ShrimpRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
You can still enjoy the deliciousness of fried rice, but in a healthier way! Cauliflower rice is used as the base of this dish and is loaded with flavors and veggies to make this the perfect (and simple) go-to meal. Eggs, veggies, onion, garlic and soy sauce are combined to form a perfect consistency and topped with shrimp—just like ordering it at your favorite restaurant! Cauliflower Fried Rice is the perfect way to liven up your weekly menu.
Cooked in a skillet to absolute perfection, this meal can be whipped up quickly to satisfy your hunger with all of the right ingredients. With healthy veggies and protein from eggs and shrimp, Cauliflower Fried Rice can guarantee you don’t stray away from your Nutrisystem meal plan. Another awesome aspect of this simple dish?—You can choose what delicious veggies you’d like to throw in! Liven things up with soy beans and red bell pepper, or add some carrots and snow peas for a more classic take.
One thing is for sure, whatever veggies you decide to add into your mixture, the bursting flavors of onion, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and pepper will leave your taste buds in absolute awe. Make it even spicier by adding some crushed red pepper or sriracha—it’s a versatile dish and can be tailored to your taste.
While this tasty dish is sure to keep you on track, you still need to log it in your NuMi app as two PowerFuels, one Vegetable and one Extra. We know, this healthy dish doesn’t seem like much, but consistently forgetting to log your food can definitely lead you astray on your weight loss plan. Log your daily food intake on the NuMi app right here! >
Looking for another recipe that is sure to liven up your weekly menu? Check out Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites below!
Calories per Serving: 278
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 PowerFuels, 1 Vegetable and 1 Extra
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (i.e. carrots, snow peas, red bell pepper, water chestnuts, soy beans, etc.)
- ½ white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 lb raw shrimp
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- crushed red pepper, sriracha (optional)
- Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until it’s a rice-like consistency.
- In a large skillet, spray pan with nonstick spray. Add the eggs and stir until cooked. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, add oil, onion, garlic, mixed vegetables and shrimp. Cook until veggies and shrimp are fully cooked.
- Add cauliflower rice, soy sauce, black pepper, ginger and eggs. Mix well.
- Serve with crushed red pepper or sriracha for a spicy kick.