Those days of saving the crust for your dog are over!
This Low Carb Cauliflower Crust Pizza takes all of the guilt out of your perfect pizza experience. The full, tomato-packed pizza flavor is there. Hot, fresh sautéed spinach and peppers make this cheesy, mouthwatering meal worth every bite.
The idea of cheating won’t even be on your radar since each serving dishes out three whole servings of healthy veggies. Plus, you won’t even use up a SmartCarb, which means you have the flexibility to enjoy this pizza as a snack, or pair it up with your favorite SmartCarb for a completely balanced flex meal. Log this recipe in the NuMi app >
Calories per Serving: 178
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 3 Vegetables
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into small florets (should yield 4 cups of cauliflower rice)
- ¼ cup egg whites
- ¼ cup low-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp. reduced fat grated parmesan topping
- 1 tsp. dried Italian herb seasoning
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ⅛ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup fat free marinara sauce, divided
- 2 Tbsp. low fat shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- ¼ large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place half of cauliflower in food processor and pulse until cauliflower is chopped into pieces about the size of large breadcrumbs. Repeat with remaining cauliflower florets.
- Transfer cauliflower rice to a microwave-safe dish, cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Uncover and stir. Replace cover and microwave for another 3 to 4 minutes, or until hot and soft. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Place cauliflower rice in a tea towel and twist it to remove as much moisture as you can. If cauliflower is too moist, the crust will not hold together.
- Transfer cauliflower rice to a mixing bowl. Mix in egg whites, mozzarella cheese, parmesan topping, Italian herb seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Incorporate the ingredients well.
- To form crusts, evenly divide cauliflower mixture into two circles on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Flatten crust to approximately one-quarter of an inch.
- Bake until tops have browned, approximately 35 minutes.
- While crusts are baking, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Mist with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sauté bell peppers and mushrooms until they are soft, approximately 7 to 10 minutes. Remove them from pan and set aside. Mist pan again with nonstick cooking spray and sauté baby spinach until it’s wilted and most of the liquid has evaporated—approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- After 35 minutes, remove crusts from oven. Spread two tablespoons of the fat free marinara sauce onto each crust. Sprinkle with cheese, bell pepper, mushrooms and spinach.
- Bake for another 5 to 7 minutes until the cheese is melted and the crust is crispy.