Buffalo Turkey MeatballsRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Appetizers, Main Courses
No party is complete without buffalo chicken dip, but next time you’re hosting your friends, think about whipping up these Buffalo Meatballs instead. We guarantee they’ll hit the spot—thanks to hearty ground turkey and loads of buffalo flavor.
You’ll want to kick this recipe off by preheating your oven to 400 degrees F. Grab a baking sheet and line it with a sheet of parchment paper. Next, grab a large mixing bowl and thoroughly combine the ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, black pepper, Italian seasoning and onion powder. Roll this mixture into 16 equal-sized meatballs. Place the meatballs on a baking sheet and be sure to leave space between each. Bake for about 25 minutes or until the meatballs are golden. Set aside and let cool for about five minutes. As always, we know you’ll be tempted to nibble right away, but we promise that good things come to those who wait… for their food to cool down.
In another bowl, combine your favorite buffalo or sauce and butter, stirring in Greek yogurt to make the buffalo sauce creamy (and even more delicious). Toss the turkey meatballs in the buffalo sauce mixture and roll around. Once they’re fully coated, garnish meatballs with chives and enjoy!
Four of these hearty Buffalo Meatballs clock in a just two PowerFuels and two Extras on your Nutrisystem meal plan. To ensure you’re staying on track with your weight loss goals, simply log each serving in NuMi. The NuMi app is a great way to prevent a diet-derailing day and keep you on the Nutrisystem straight and narrow. Not familiar with our food tracker app? Check out NuMi 101: A Comprehensive Guide to Our Free Tracking App >
We know buffalo sauce isn’t for everyone… but meatballs are! So be sure to check out these other great meatball recipes:
- Slow Cooker Kale and Beef Meatballs >
- Vegetarian Meatballs with Zucchini Noodles >
- Chipotle Turkey Meatballs >
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks? Nutrisystem’s got a plan that will work for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 4 (4 meatballs = 1 serving)
Calories per Serving: 235
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 PowerFuels and 2 Extras
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ cup Buffalo or Hot Sauce, aim for low sodium
- 2 Tbsp. greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. lite margarine, melted
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine meatball ingredients, Mix until well combined.
- Roll turkey mixture into about 1 ½ - inch meatballs. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until outside is golden. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- For the buffalo sauce, combine buffalo/hot sauce and butter. Stir in Greek yogurt.
- Toss meatballs in buffalo sauce mixture. Garnish with chives