Nothing says summer like grilling! Stay slim and enjoy the end of the season with this tasty, low-carb kebab recipe using marinated steak and fresh veggies.
Picnics, cookouts and tailgates create some of our favorite summer memories. However, it can be hard to stick to your diet at these events with so many unhealthy temptations. Our Marinated Steak Kebabs are the perfect dish to keep you on plan!
To get started, mix up the marinade by combining garlic, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, canola oil and spices in a zip-lock bag. Add cubed sirloin tips and let them marinate for about twenty minutes. While the steak is marinating, cut up bell peppers and onions, then boil some baby potatoes until they are slightly soft. Thread the beef, veggies and potatoes on skewers (if you are using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them in water for at least thirty minutes to prevent burning!). Once you are done creating your kebabs, preheat the grill and cook each one for about two to three minutes per side (a total of eight to ten minutes). If you don’t feel like firing up the grill, feel free to broil them in the oven for about ten to fifteen minutes or until cooked as desired. Stack your complete kebabs on a plate and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Lean sirloin tips and fresh vegetables combine to make this high protein and fiber-filled meal! One kebab is only 183 calories, counting as one PowerFuel, one Vegetable and two Extras on your Nutrisystem meal plan. Keep track of this simple recipe by logging it on our easy-to-use NuMi app! NuMi is the perfect tool to log your meals and weight loss throughout your Nutrisystem journey. Track your way to success here >
Looking for more healthy meals to throw on the grill? Check out these other Nutrisystem-approved recipes:
Want healthy meals without all the prep-work? Nutrisystem has a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Servings: 6 (1 kebab = 1 serving)
Calories per Serving: 183
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 1 Vegetable and 2 Extras
- 1 lb. sirloin tips, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup baby potatoes
- ½ red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2-3 layers each)
- 6 skewers
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Mix marinade ingredients in a large zip-lock bag. Add beef and marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 20 minutes, up to 24 hours.
- While steak is marinating, boil baby potatoes in a large pot of water for 6-8 minutes, or until slightly soft. Drain.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent burning.
- Thread beef, vegetables and potatoes on each skewer. Brush with any extra marinade.
- Cook kebabs on a preheated grill for 2-3 minutes per side (total of 8-10 minutes), or broil in the oven for 10-15 minutes until cooked as desired. Turn skewers often.
- Garnish with more chopped parsley.