Looking for a salad that packs a punch with flavor and protein? We’ve got you covered with this protein power salad recipe.
Deliciously tender asparagus and mushrooms grilled to perfection combine with hearty arugula, barley and radishes and are topped with a balsamic drizzle that make this power salad perfect for lunch or dinner.
With less than one gram of fat and five grams of protein, you will feel great as you munch on the delicious grilled veggies and log it as one SmartCarb, two Vegetables and one Extra.
Calories per Serving: 137
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 2 Vegetables, 1 Extra
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup asparagus, cut into thirds
- 1 cup barley, cooked
- 2 radishes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat grill to high heat or oven to 400 F.
- Lightly coat asparagus and mushrooms with nonstick spray.
- Grill until tender—2-3 minutes for asparagus and 10-15 minutes for mushrooms—or place on a baking dish and cook for 15 minutes in the oven.
- Place arugula, barley, radishes and cooked mushrooms and asparagus on a plate.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.