Craving the deep-fried pickles from your favorite restaurant? Now you can make a lightened-up version at home in the air fryer! These Air Fried Pickles are just as crunchy and flavorful as the classic appetizer. Featuring a flavorful, cheesy breading and a sour dill pickle center, you’ll satisfy all of your cravings with this easy air fryer recipe.
Here at Nutrisystem, we LOVE air fryers. After all, they allow you to create healthier versions of your favorite meals and snacks. Instead of deep-frying your foods in oil, hot air is circulated around the ingredients to create a crispy texture. Learn more about how air fryers can help you lose weight here! >
One serving of these Air Fried Pickles clocks in at just 98 calories. They count as half of a SmartCarb and one Extra on the Nutrisystem program. Before you reach for another serving, be sure to log the first one in your NuMi journal to stay on track with your daily meal plan. The NuMi app can help keep you organized and within your allotted calories throughout the day. Click here to log this recipe in the NuMi app! >
Looking for more air fryer recipes for your weight loss plan? The Leaf Weight Loss Blog is filled with delicious ideas! Check out some of our favorite creations below:
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Chickpea Blondies >
- Air Fryer Sausage, Potatoes and Veggies >
- Air Fryer Apple Fritter >
- Air Fryer Salt and Vinegar Chips >
- Air Fryer Fish Sticks with Tartar Sauce >
- Air Fryer Peanut Butter Cookies >
- Cinnamon Sugar Air Fryer Grilled Pineapple >
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls >
- Air Fryer Honey Mustard Chicken Bites >
- Air Fryer BBQ Potato Skins >
Get started with a convenient meal delivery service that helps you lose weight! Nutrisystem delivers pantry and freezer friendly options directly to your door. Learn more about the Nutrisystem program or shop our menu a la carte! >
Calories per Serving: 98
On Nutrisystem, Count As: ½ SmartCarb and 1 Extra
- 3 dill pickle spears, sliced into ½-inch slices
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat air fryer to 375°F. Spray pan with nonstick spray.
- Set up 3 bowls in an assembly line: Place flour into the first bowl, egg into the second bowl and the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in the third bowl.
- Dip each pickle slice into the flour, then the egg and then the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the breaded pickle slices into the air fryer in a single layer. Spray the tops with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until brown and crispy.