Fried chicken is oh so hard to resist, especially when we’ve kicked the fried food follies out of our lives. But that’s exactly why we love our air fryer— it gives us the perfect way to enjoy our favorite fried foods with zero percent of the guilt! Luckily for you, our Air Fryer Honey Mustard Chicken Bites sound like the perfect food to introduce you to the wonders of air-fried food.
To whip up these delicious Air Fryer Honey Mustard Chicken Bites, you’ll need to preheat your air fryer to a toasty 350 degrees and spray your air fryer basket with a nonstick spray. As it warms, cut the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces. Next, grab a bowl and combine mustard, honey and pepper. Pick up a separate bowl and place the chicken in it. Coat the chicken with half of the honey mustard mixture and let it marinate for about 10 minutes (pro tip: be sure to wait the full 10 minutes to let the chicken soak up all that yummy flavor!). Place the chicken in air fryer basket in a single layer— if the chicken bunches up into multiple layers, it may not fry fully and properly! Cook for eight minutes, flip the chicken, and then cook for another eight minutes.
Toss the chicken with the remaining honey mustard sauce and take advantage of all that tangy goodness. With the honey mustard flavor fried right into the chicken, you don’t need to worry about dipping your chicken and adding a few more pesky calories to your meal. But if you can’t resist a delectable dip, be sure to download our NuMi app to make sure you don’t experience a diet derailing dip. NuMi makes losing weight easy by doing all the work for you. Simply log your daily intake in NuMi to stay on track with your weight loss plan!
Looking to add plenty more “fried” foods to your weekly menu? Be sure to check out 9 More Air Fryer Recipes for Fried Food Lovers >
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks? Nutrisystem’s got a plan that will work for you! Click here to learn more >
*Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.
Calories per Serving: 144
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 2 Extras
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- ¼ cup spicy brown mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees F. Spray air fryer basket with nonstick spray.
- Combine mustard, honey and pepper in a bowl.
- Place chicken in a separate bowl and coat with half the honey mustard mixture. Let marinate for 10 minutes.
- Place chicken in air fryer basket in one layer. Cook for 8 minutes, flip the chicken, and then cook for another 8 minutes.
- Toss with remaining honey mustard sauce.
- *Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.