Air Fryer BBQ Potato SkinsRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Appetizers, Main Courses, Snacks
The best part about using an air fryer is the crispy, “fried” food that it creates, and these Air Fryer Potato Skins are no exception. With an added kick from BBQ sauce, these golden Potato Skins are topped with a dollop of sour cream for a full-on appetizer experience.
By using simple, portioned ingredients, these Potato Air Fryer Potato Skins are diet-friendly and just as tasty as your favorite appetizer you order out. Prep the russet potato by piercing it several times and popping it in the oven until tender. Slice the potato in half lengthwise and scoop out flesh, leaving a quarter-inch lining. Place the potatoes in the air fryer for about five minutes. In a large mixing bowl, combine pulled chicken or pork and BBQ sauce. Evenly distribute the shredded chicken between halves and top with cheese. Complete this recipe by topping with a scoop of sour cream for added creaminess!
This recipe makes two servings, but you can easily double or triple the ingredients if and whip up these Air Fryer Potato Skins when you’re hosting a party or heading to a friend’s to watch the big game. Each serving clocks in at 143 calories and counts as one PowerFuel and two Extras on your Nutrisystem meal plan. Be sure to log each serving in the NuMi app to ensure you’re not overdoing it with this crispy and delicious snack. Consistently keeping track of your daily intake can increase weight loss results. Learn more about the benefits of food tracking and using our NuMi app here >
We’ve got plenty more appetizer recipes that won’t wreck your diet. Check out a few of our favorites you can whip up for the big game:
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
*Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.
Calories per Serving: 143
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 2 Extras
- 1 small russet potato
- Nonstick spray
- 2 oz. shredded chicken or pork
- 1 Tbsp. BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, low fat
- 1 Tbsp. reduced fat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Pierce potato several times with a fork or knife. Place potato on oven rack and bake until knife easily pierces the potato, about 50 minutes.
- Let potato cool for 10 minutes.
- Preheat Air Fryer to 350 F.
- Slice potato in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out flesh, leaving about ¼ inch intact.
- Place in air fryer, spray potato with nonstick spray, and cook for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine pulled chicken/pork and BBQ sauce.
- Fill each skin evenly with BBQ chicken/pork. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Top with cheese and cook for 2-3 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Top each potato with sour cream.
- *Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.