Warning: These flavorful crispy nacho-style roasted chickpeas are so tasty, they definitely won’t last long!
One serving of these Nacho-Style Roasted Chickpeas counts as one SmartCarb on the Nutrisystem program. Make sure to log this recipe in the NuMi App!
Do you love nachos? Try these other delicious nacho recipes:
Servings: 7 (1 serving = ½ cup)
Calories per Serving: 122
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb
- 2, 15-oz. cans no-salt added chickpeas
- Zero calorie cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp. fat-free Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- Toothpicks (preferably football-themed!)
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Pat dry.
- Pour chickpeas in plastic freezer bag and mist generously with cooking spray. Close and shake bag to coat.
- Add cheese, chili powder and onion powder to bag. Close and shake again.
- Spread chickpeas in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown and slightly crispy (40-45 minutes in most ovens). Be sure to stir frequently to avoid burning and ensure distribution of heat.
- Thread about five chickpeas on each toothpick.