Nacho-Style Roasted ChickpeasRecipe posted in: Healthy Sides & Snacks
Warning: These flavorful crispy nacho-style roasted chickpeas are so tasty, they definitely won’t last long!
Servings: Makes about 4 servings
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1/2 cup of chickpeas counts as 1 SmartCarb
- 2, 15-oz. cans no-salt added chickpeas
- Zero calorie cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp. fat-free Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- Toothpicks (preferably football-themed!)
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Pat dry.
- Pour chickpeas in plastic freezer bag and mist generously with cooking spray. Close and shake bag to coat.
- Add cheese, chili powder and onion powder to bag. Close and shake again.
- Spread chickpeas in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown and slightly crispy (40-45 minutes in most ovens). Be sure to stir frequently to avoid burning and ensure distribution of heat.
- Thread about five chickpeas on each toothpick.