BBQ Seasoned Chicken NachosRecipe posted in: Nutrisystem Food Hacks, Lunches, Appetizers, Main Courses, Snacks
These ridiculously delicious BBQ Seasoned Chicken Nachos puts a very clever (and very delicious) spin on a popular Nutrisystem dish, the BBQ Seasoned Chicken dinner. By adding veggies, cheese and a whole wheat tortilla to this tasty meal, you get all the satisfaction of a typically sinful snack without any of the weight loss aftermath!
Whole wheat chips are topped with sweet and tangy barbecue chicken, zesty peppers and melty cheese. It seems so wrong for your diet, but when you use the Nutrisystem BBQ Seasoned Chicken dinner entrée, this crowd-pleaser tastes so, so right. Just add some extra veggies, fat-free cheese and a burst of fresh cilantro for guilt-free noshing.
Running low on Nutrisystem’s pantry perfect BBQ Seasoned Chicken? Click here to stock up! >
Check out the simple steps for putting together this easy Nutrisystem food hack below:
Step 1: Chips
Slice a mini whole-wheat tortilla into eight wedges to make “chips.” Spread the chips on a baking sheet. Lightly spray them with cooking spray and sprinkle then with salt and pepper. Bake your chips at 375 degrees for three to four minutes, then flip. Bake for an additional three to four minutes or until crispy.
Step 2: Meat
Heat the BBQ Seasoned Chicken from Nutrisystem according to the packages directions. Once your chips are nice and crispy, top them with the BBQ Seasoned Chicken.
Step 3: Veggies
Sauté some diced red bell peppers and diced onions in a skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon this mixture onto your nachos for a healthy salsa that packs in the flavor and fiber.
Step 4: More Chips
Top your nachos with another layer of chips…
Step 5: More Meat
…followed by another layer of BBQ Seasoned Chicken…
Step 6: More Veggies
…followed by more bell peppers and onions!
Step 7: Cheese
Finally, top your BBQ Seasoned Chicken Nachos with a sprinkle of fat-free shredded cheddar cheese.
Step 8: Melt
Place your nachos in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Garnish with a tablespoon of fresh cilantro and enjoy!
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 Nutrisystem Dinner, 1 SmartCarb and 1 Extra
- 1 package Nutrisystem BBQ Seasoned Chicken
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp. diced red onion
- 1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. fat free shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 mini whole-wheat tortilla
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice the tortilla into 8 wedges to make “chips.” Spread “chips” on baking sheet, spray lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake “chips” for 3 to 4 minutes, then flip. Bake for an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until crispy.
- While “chips” are baking, heat small sauté pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and add bell pepper and onion. Sauté until veggies are soft then set aside.
- Tear Barbecue Seasoned Chicken pouch 1 inch to vent. Stand pouch in microwave and heat on HIGH for 30 to 40 seconds or until warm.
- In an oven safe dish, layer “chips,” barbecue seasoned chicken, veggies, and shredded cheese.
- Place in oven and heat until cheese is melted and bubbling. Top with fresh cilantro before serving.