This ridiculously delicious BBQ Chicken Nacho dish puts a very clever (and very delicious) spin on a popular Nutrisystem dish, the BBQ Seasoned Chicken lunch. By adding veggies, cheese and a whole wheat tortilla to this tasty lunch, you get all the satisfaction of a typically sinful snack without any of the weight loss aftermath!
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 Nutrisystem lunch entrée, 1 SmartCarb and 1 Extra
- 1 package Nutrisystem BBQ Seasoned Chicken
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp. diced red onion
- 1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. fat free shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 mini whole-wheat tortilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice the tortilla into 8 wedges to make “chips.” Spread “chips” on baking sheet, spray lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake “chips” for 3 to 4 minutes, then flip. Bake for an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until crispy.
- While “chips” are baking, heat small sauté pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and add bell pepper and onion. Sauté until veggies are soft then set aside.
- Tear Barbecue Seasoned Chicken pouch 1 inch to vent. Stand pouch in microwave and heat on HIGH for 30 to 40 seconds or until warm.
- In an oven safe dish, layer “chips,” barbecue seasoned chicken, veggies, and shredded cheese.
- Place in oven and heat until cheese is melted and bubbling. Top with fresh cilantro before serving.