This ridiculously delicious BBQ Chicken Nacho dish puts a very clever (and very delicious) spin on a popular Nutrisystem dish, the BBQ Seasoned Chicken lunch. By adding veggies, cheese and a whole wheat tortilla to this tasty lunch, you get all the satisfaction of a typically sinful snack without any of the weight loss aftermath!
Whole wheat chips ARE topped with sweet and tangy barbecue chicken, zesty peppers and smoky bacon. It seems so wrong for your diet, but when you use the Nutrisystem BBQ Seasoned Chicken dinner entrée, this crowd-pleaser tastes so, so right. Just add some extra veggies, fat-free cheese and a burst of fresh cilantro for guilt-free noshing.
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 Nutrisystem lunch entrée, 1 SmartCarb and 1 Extra
- 1 package Nutrisystem BBQ Seasoned Chicken
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp. diced red onion
- 1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. fat free shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 mini whole-wheat tortilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice the tortilla into 8 wedges to make “chips.” Spread “chips” on baking sheet, spray lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake “chips” for 3 to 4 minutes, then flip. Bake for an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until crispy.
- While “chips” are baking, heat small sauté pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and add bell pepper and onion. Sauté until veggies are soft then set aside.
- Tear Barbecue Seasoned Chicken pouch 1 inch to vent. Stand pouch in microwave and heat on HIGH for 30 to 40 seconds or until warm.
- In an oven safe dish, layer “chips,” barbecue seasoned chicken, veggies, and shredded cheese.
- Place in oven and heat until cheese is melted and bubbling. Top with fresh cilantro before serving.