Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks RecipeRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Appetizers, Sides, Snacks
Anytime is happy hour with these yummy homemade Air Fried Mozzarella Sticks!
Garlic powder, Italian seasoning and just enough Panko breadcrumbs to make them delightfully crispy, turn this recipe into an instant favorite. Fool everyone—including yourself—into thinking that you’re indulging big time with the salty, melt-in-your-mouth finger foods that secured a place in your heart way back when you were a kid. If the 99 calories per serving still has you in disbelief, let’s just say that air fryers are a dirty little dieting secret. This small, yet powerful appliance serves up all the wow factor associated with a heavenly plate of mozzarella cheese sticks in a significantly healthier way.
You’ll start to wonder if there’s any better way to enjoy your PowerFuels and Extras for the day. Our answer: Probably not. And to easily stay on track with your weight loss meal plan, log each serving of Air Fried Mozzarella Sticks right here in the NuMi App >
For more information about PowerFuels and SmartCarbs in your diet, click here.>
*Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.
Servings: Makes 6 servings, 1 stick counts as 1 serving
Calories per Serving: 99
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 6 mozzarella string cheese sticks, low fat
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs, plain
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat Air Fryer at 400° F.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl.
- Mix together bread crumbs, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- Dip string cheese into the bowl of egg and then coat with the bread crumbs mixture. Repeat for remaining sticks of cheese.
- Freeze the sticks for 20-30 minutes.
- Air fry cheese sticks for 10 minutes, flipping halfway for even browning.
- *Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.