Air Fryer Mexican Street CornRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Sides
Mexican street food is made healthy in this easy air fryer corn on the cob recipe! Sweet corn season is just around the corner and this simple side dish is sure to be a summer favorite. Savory, spicy and a little sweet, our Air Fryer Mexican Street Corn recipe is smart, satisfying and super easy to make.
Whip up delicious corn on the cob in a snap with your favorite countertop appliance, the air fryer! There’s no waiting for water to boil in this healthy corn recipe. Simply preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees and spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place the corn inside, spray them with the cooking spray and cook for about 14 minutes. Make sure to turn them over halfway through the cooking time!
While your corn is cooking up, mix up a creamy Mexican street corn sauce by combining light mayonnaise, lime juice and spices. Our Mexican Street Corn seasoning blend includes garlic powder, chili powder, paprika and black pepper. However, feel free to tweak it to your taste buds! Spread the sauce onto a plate and roll each ear of cooked corn in it. Finally, garnish your Air Fryer Mexican Street Corn with crumbled cotija cheese and chopped fresh cilantro before digging in.
Pro Tip: We love this delicious corn on the cob recipe for barbecues and summer parties. Feel free to throw the corn on the grill after air frying and before adding the toppings for even more flavor.
On the Nutrisystem program? One serving of this recipe counts as one SmartCarb, half of a PowerFuel and one Extra on your weight loss plan. It contains just 178 calories. Click here to log this recipe in your NuMi journal! >
Serve up your Mexican Street Corn with a protein-packed main course like grilled chicken, steak or a turkey burger in a lettuce bun. Need some recipe inspiration? Check out the Nutrisystem-approved recipes below:
- Marinated Chicken Thighs >
- 4-Ingredient Spicy Pineapple Teriyaki Pork >
- Marinated and Baked Beef Flank Steak >
- Lettuce Wrapped Mushroom and Swiss Burger >
- Oven Baby Back Pork Ribs >
- Marinated Steak Kebabs >
Have you come up with your own favorite corn recipe? Or maybe you’ve developed a healthy air fryer creation that’s too good to keep to yourself! You can submit your recipes and a photo of them on our Recipe Submission page for a chance to be featured right here on The Leaf Weight Loss Blog! Click here to submit your recipes. >
Build healthier habits with a program backed by science! Get delicious meals, one-on-one coaching and the NuMi app to help you lose weight and get healthy. Learn more about Nutrisystem! >
*Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.
Calories per Serving: 178
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, ½ PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 4 ears of corn
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- ½ lime, juiced
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 2 oz. cotija cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- Zero-calorie cooking spray
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Spray air fryer basket with zero-calorie cooking spray. Add corn and spray corn with the cooking spray. Cook for 14 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking time.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, black pepper and lime juice. Spread mixture onto a plate.
- When corn is finished cooking, roll each ear of corn in the mayonnaise spread.
- Sprinkle the cotija cheese and cilantro on top of the corn before serving.
- *Please note that all air fryers cook differently. Before trying any recipe, always refer to the manufacturer safety instructions provided with your specific air fryer.