Everybody loves a juicy burger served on a buttery bun, but we’re here to show you that this Lettuce Wrapped Mushroom and Swiss Burger can be just as delicious—maybe even better (and don’t forget healthier!). Grab your food processor and toss in 10 ounces of baby bell mushrooms (cleaned and stemmed!). Pulse the processor until the mushrooms are coarsely chopped. Be careful not to puree the mushrooms. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly mist the pan with a nonstick cooking spray, then sauté the onion and garlic for about three minutes. As they sauté, add in mushrooms, a quarter teaspoon of sea salt, and a quarter teaspoon of black pepper. Continue to sauté the veggies for an additional seven to 10 minutes. Set the skillet aside and let cool.
Place your lean, grass-fed beef in a large bowl, then add the cooled veggies, Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper. Add any of your favorite seasonings for extra flavor! Mix with your hands and craft four beef patties. Fire up your grill or heat a large skillet on medium-high heat. Cook patties for four minutes on each side for a medium-well burger—or feel free to cook patties to personal preference. Top off your juicy beef patty with slice of Swiss cheese and place the burger on a large piece of lettuce. Add a spoonful of your favorite BBQ sauce before wrapping it up to put the finishing touches on this Lettuce Wrapped Mushroom and Swiss Burger.
Falling in love at first bite, your family will definitely be giving their compliments to the chef—you! But don’t forget to log your burger into the NuMi App to keep you on track. Consistently keeping track of your daily food intake can increase weight loss results—so get logging!
And if you’re looking for other great burger alternatives, look no further! We have plenty of delicious recipes to check out:
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks? Nutrisystem’s got a plan that will work for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 224
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 PowerFuels, 1 Vegetable and 1 Extra
- 10 oz. baby bella mushrooms, cleaned and stemmed
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 8 oz. 90% lean grass-fed ground beef
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices reduced-fat swiss cheese
- 4 Tbsp. BBQ sauce
- 1 large head iceberg or romaine lettuce, rinsed then dried
- Add mushrooms to food process and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Mist with nonstick cooking spray, then sauté onion and garlic for ~3 minutes. Then, add mushrooms, ¼ teaspoon sea salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Continue sautéing for 7-10 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Remove pan from heat and allow mixture to cool.
- Place beef in a large bowl, then add cooled mushroom mixture, Worcestershire sauce and remaining salt and pepper. Use hands to mix until just combined. Shape beef mixture into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) patties.
- Heat a grill or large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Place patties on grill/pan and cook for approximately 4 minutes per side for medium-well or until cooked to your liking.
- Place a slice of Swiss cheese on each cooked burger and place each burger on a large piece of lettuce. Top each burger with 1 tablespoon of BBQ sauce before wrapping the lettuce over the top and serving.