Learn how to make baby back pork ribs in the oven with this simple recipe that fits into your weight loss plan! Featuring a sweet and savory homemade barbecue sauce, it’s the best pork ribs recipe that you’ll want to enjoy all summer long.
To make this oven baby back ribs recipe, get started by preparing the delicious barbecue rib sauce. The secret is taking a standard barbecue sauce and pumping up the flavor with spices and other tasty ingredients. Grab a bowl and mix together barbecue sauce with maple syrup, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, old bay seasoning, brown sugar, liquid smoke and chopped onions. Set the sauce aside and prepare your ribs.
You’ll need about one pound of lean baby back pork ribs for this recipe. Pat them dry with a paper towel and cut the bones into individual ribs. Lay the ribs in a baking dish and drizzle the sauce on top. Cover the baking dish loosely with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 55 minutes. Finally, remove the foil and set the oven to broil for five more minutes.
This Oven Baby Back Pork Ribs recipe makes five servings. One serving contains 193 calorie and counts as one PowerFuel and three Extras on Nutrisystem. Click here to log it in the NuMi app! >
Nutrisystem Pro Tip: To complete this hearty Flex meal, serve your oven-baked baby back pork ribs with a SmartCarb like corn on the cob or a baked sweet potato. It’s also the perfect dish to enjoy with your favorite non-starchy Vegetables. We love a bed of fresh spinach greens and cherry tomatoes. However, roasted carrots, summer squash or coleslaw would also be amazing additions.
Fill up your summer menu with delicious pork recipes! Check out these other Nutrisystem-approved ideas:
- Savory Pork Egg Roll Bowl >
- 4-Ingredient Spicy Pineapple Teriyaki Pork >
- Pulled Pork Tenderloin Sandwich with Vinegar Slaw >
- Herb Crusted Pork Chops with Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts >
- Bone-in Pork Chops with Mashed Sweet Potato and Roasted Broccoli >
- Sheet Pan Pork Tenderloin with Cabbage and Sweet Potato Fries >
- Pork Chops with Fruit Chutney >
Lose weight and get healthy with delicious food delivered directly to your door! Learn more about Nutrisystem meal plans >
Calories per Serving: 193
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 3 Extras
- ~1 lb. lean baby back pork ribs
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. old bay seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ tsp. liquid smoke
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Combine all ingredients except for the pork ribs in a bowl to create a thick sauce. Set aside.
- Pat ribs dry with a paper towel. Cut between the bones into individual ribs. Lay ribs in a baking dish and drizzle sauce on top.
- Loosely cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 55 minutes.
- Set the oven to broil and cook uncovered for 5 more minutes.