Egg rolls are better in a bowl, says this Savory Pork Egg Roll Bowl.So join in the takeout festivities and quit making your friends feel guilty each time they order greasy Chinese food! Complete with mouthwatering pork, onions, carrots, cabbage and soy, this meal has everything you need. It’s amazing how delectable this dish is, but even more amazing is how kind it is to your figure. Know how the menus at restaurants brag when meals are under 600 calories? Well, this one is fewer than 400 calories and, with salty, taste-bud-popping flavor like this, we can’t imagine anyone would guess!
Struggle hitting your recommended dose of vegetables? Well the Savory Pork Egg Roll Bowl has three, all right here. Just remember to log the SmartCarb, one and a half PowerFuels and an Extra. A few quick steps and you have a fantastic flex meal of your dreams waiting to be devoured.
Need help understanding flex meals? Click here >
Calories per Serving: 335
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 1/2 PowerFuel, 3 Vegetables and 1 Extra
- ½ cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 6 oz. lean ground pork
- 2 ½ cup shredded cabbage and carrots (or coleslaw mix)
- 2 ½ cup baby bok choy, chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce, low sodium
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Sriracha (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, onion and white portions of the green onions. Sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Add ground pork, ground ginger and black pepper. Sauté until pork is cooked through.
- Add cabbage/carrot mix, bok choy, quinoa and soy sauce, cooking for 3 to 4 minutes, until the cabbage and bok choy are wilted, but still a little crunchy.
- Top with the rest of the green onions and Sriracha.