Sweet apple and juicy pork are a double whammy!
This duo packs a punch for a Pork Chops with Fruit Chutney recipe the whole crew will enjoy. Fresh, home-cooked flavor has a hint of fall spice and a taste that makes it a year-round staple. The balance of a lightly salty meat and fresh fruit, with seasonings like cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg are absolutely divine. Trust us, the smell alone could give even the most satiated individual an appetite they never thought they had. And barely creeping over 300 calories, this clean and healthy meal is just as nourishing as it is craving-inducing.
Try it guilt-free as a flex lunch for two, or make it for yourself (appealing we know…) and you’ll have just enough leftover for the next day. You can also add a serving of cheese to enjoy it as a flex dinner. However and whenever you decide to enjoy this meal, make sure to log it in the NuMi app! >
Need help understanding flex meals? Learn more here >
Calories per Serving: 306
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and 2 Extras
- 2-3 oz. boneless pork chops
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 1 medium pear, thinly sliced
- ½ cup onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Season pork chops with pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat two teaspoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add apple and pear, cooking and stirring for 4 minutes.
- Add the remaining two teaspoons of olive oil. Add pork chops to the onion/fruit mixture and sear for about 3 minutes per side.
- Add vinegar, ginger and cinnamon. Stir to combine and spoon some of the onion/fruit mixture on top of the chops. Simmer until the pork chops are cooked through and the fruit is soft.