Make your plate of nachos extra special and unique by swapping the tortilla chips with sliced potatoes! This Irish pub-inspired twist on the classic snack is piled high with your favorite nacho toppings while still staying in line with your healthy meal plan. These Irish Pub Potato Nachos are sure to become a new favorite for game day, parties and movie night!
How to Make Irish Pub Potato Nachos
The star of these healthy Irish nachos are the crispy sliced potatoes at its base. To make them, soak quarter-inch slices of russet potatoes in a bowl of water for 20 minutes. Pat them dry, then toss them in olive oil and taco reasoning. Arrange the potato slices on a baking sheet in a single layer. Back them at 450 degrees for 15 minutes. Flip them over and bake for another 12 to 15 minutes.
Once your potato “chips” are done baking, layer half of them in an oven-safe pan or cast iron skillet. Top them with reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese and low-sodium turkey bacon (cooked and chopped).
Top with the remaining potato slices, more cheese and more turkey bacon, then pop them in the oven for three to four minutes or until the cheese has melted. Finally, garnish your nachos with the remaining toppings, including light sour cream, guacamole, pico de gallo, sliced green onions, sliced black olives, sliced jalapenos and chopped cilantro.
This Irish Nachos recipe makes six servings, so it’s great for parties and events! Each serving contains 218 calories. If you’re on Nutrisystem, you can log it into your NuMi app journal as half of a SmartCarb, one PowerFuel and one Extra.
More Healthy and Creative Nacho Recipes
Nachos are one of our favorite Flex snacks. They are easy to customize and turn into a healthy treat. Here are some other tasty nacho recipes:
- Sweet Potato Nachos >
- BBQ Seasoned Chicken Nachos >
- Baked Cinnamon Apple Nachos >
- Crispy Nacho Cheese Chips >
- Crispy Cauliflower Nachos >
- Bell Pepper Nachos >
- Healthy and Cheesy Cauliflower Nachos >
- Healthy Apple Nachos >
- Cashew Nacho Cheese Sauce >
- Pretzel Date Apple Nachos >
- Greek Shredded Chicken Nachos >
- Nacho-Style Roasted Chickpea >
Calories per Serving: 218
On Nutrisystem, Count As: ½ SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 2 russet potatoes, sliced ¼” thick
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, reduced fat
- 2 slices low sodium turkey bacon, cooked, and chopped
- ½ cup guacamole
- ½ cup light sour cream
- Pico de gallo
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. sliced black olives
- 1 jalapeno. sliced
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- Soak sliced potatoes in a bowl of water for 20 minutes. Pat dry.
- Toss potatoes in olive oil and taco seasoning.
- Arrange on a baking sheet(s) in a single later.
- Bake at 450°F for 15 minutes. Flip potatoes, then bake for another 12-15 minutes.
- Layer half of the potatoes in an oven-safe pan or cast iron skillet. Top with ½ cup of cheese and half the chopped turkey bacon. Top with remaining potato slices, cheese and turkey bacon.
- Bake for 3-4 minutes, until cheese has melted.
- Top nachos with sour cream, guacamole, pico de gallo, green onions, olives, jalapenos and cilantro.