Baked Cinnamon Apple NachosRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Snacks, Desserts
Who knew that ordinary apple slices could be transformed into such as decadent and delicious treat? This creative take on one of our favorite food trends is sweet, simple and satisfying. Apple nachos are topped with a sprinkle of cinnamon and baked to perfection for a healthy snack that’s fresh and fruity. If you love the taste of baked apple pie but aren’t a pro in the kitchen, our Baked Cinnamon Apple Nachos are sure to become your new favorite Flex snack recipe.
When we say that these baked apple nachos are simple, we mean simple! The hardest part is slicing the apples, which actually isn’t that hard at all. Once you’ve sliced up two apples into quarter-inch slices, toss them with cinnamon and a bit of coconut oil. Arrange the slices neatly into a skillet or baking dish and pop them in a 350 degree oven for 35 to 45 minutes. Once they’re soft, it’s time for the apple nacho toppings!
One of our favorite things about this Baked Cinnamon Apple Nachos recipes is that you can dress it up with all of your favorite flavors. Remove the nachos from the oven and drizzle them with your favorite nut or seed butter! We love almond butter and peanut butter but you can also try sunflower seed butter or walnut butter. Next, add some crunch with nuts and seeds. Try them with pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds. Finally, add some more fruity flavor and a chocolaty twist with a sprinkle of pomegranate seeds and mini chocolate chips.
Pro Tip: Pump up the sweetness of these Baked Apple Nachos! When you’re tossing the apple slices in cinnamon and coconut oil, feel free to add a little bit of stevia. You can also add other spices and seasoning blends, such as ground ginger or pumpkin pie spice. Don’t feel like turning on the oven? No worries! You can enjoy this recipe chilled for a refreshing summertime treat.
This recipe makes two servings, so it’s perfect for sharing with a friend or family member. One serving contains 245 calories. If you’re on the Nutrisystem weight loss plan, you can log it in the NuMi app as half of a PowerFuel, one SmartCarb and three Extras. Click here to log this recipe in NuMi! >
Here at Nutrisystem, we LOVE apples. This simple SmartCarb is one of our favorite fruits to stock up on. That’s why we have plenty of amazing and healthy apple recipes right here on The Leaf Weight Loss Blog. Try some out below:
- Air Fryer Apple Fritter >
- Instant Pot Apple Cake >
- Chocolate Caramel Apples >
- Healthy Baked Apple Pie Recipe >
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Apple Slaw >
- Apple Chicken Cobb Salad >
- Cinnamon Spice Baked Apple >
- Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls >
- Cinnamon Apple Parfait >
Lose weight and get healthy with delicious food delivered directly to your door! Learn more about Nutrisystem meal plans >
Calories per Serving: 245
On Nutrisystem, Count As: ½ PowerFuel, 1 SmartCarb and 3 Extras
- 2 apples, sliced in about ¼” slices
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp. nuts/seeds (i.e. pumpkin seeds)
- 1 Tbsp. nut/seed butter (i.e. almond, sunflower seed, peanut, etc.)
- 2 Tbsp. pomegranate seeds
- 1 Tbsp. mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toss apples with coconut oil and cinnamon.
- Place apples in an iron skillet or baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes or until apples are soft.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with nut butter. Top with nuts/seeds, pomegranate seeds and chocolate chips.