Apple Pie Cinnamon RollsRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex™ Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Healthy Sides & Snacks
Your two favorite sweet treats come together in one tasty dish. Enjoy the fresh and fragrant flavors of apple pie rolled up into a decadent cinnamon roll recipe. While this fusion of delicious desserts may sound indulgent, you can rest assured that it fits perfectly into your healthy weight loss plan. After all, Nutrisystem loves creating healthier versions of your favorite foods!
Sweet whole wheat pastry is rolled around a fruity apple cinnamon filling and drizzled with a homemade cream cheese glaze. The best part about this cinnamon roll recipe? It contains just 230 calories per serving. It also makes a total of 12 cinnamon rolls, so you have breakfast for the whole week (plus some to share with the family!). We know, it sounds almost too good to be true.
One cinnamon roll counts as one and a half SmartCarbs and three Extras on the Nutrisystem program. You can pair it with a PowerFuel like a glass of skim milk or some chopped walnuts sprinkled on top. Whether you enjoy this sweet treat as breakfast, brunch or dessert, just be sure to log it in the NuMi app to stay on track with your daily menu. Click here to quickly log this recipe in NuMi! >
Apples and cinnamon are the perfect pair! That’s why we feature them together in so many of our healthy recipes. Get some cinnamon-spiration from the delicious recipes below:
- Cinnamon Apple Parfait >
- Creamy Apple Cinnamon Smoothie Bowls >
- Instant Pot Apple Cake >
- 2-Minute “Baked” Cinnamon Apples >
- Simple Slow Cooker Applesauce >
- Air Fryer Apple Fritter >
- Healthy Apple Pie (No Added Sugar!) >
- Cinnamon Spice Baked Apples >
- Apple Pie Yogurt Parfait >
- Air Fryer Apple Chips >
Don’t feel like baking? Don’t sweat it! Nutrisystem makes perfectly portioned cinnamon treats and delivers them directly to your door (we even have a Cinnamon Roll!). Stock up on our favorite options below.
- Cinnamon Roll (Grab a 30-pack! You’re gonna need it.) >
- Cinnamon Bun Bar >
- Apple Strudel Bar >
- Cinnamon Streusel Muffin >
- Apple Walnut Oatmeal >
- Granola Cereal >
- Cinnamon Brown Sugar Oat Square >
- Snickerdoodle Cookie >
- Chocolate Chunk Cookie >
Build healthier habits with a program backed by science. Get started with a Nutrisystem weight loss plan today! >
Calories per Serving: 230
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 ½ SmartCarbs and 3 Extras
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup light butter
- 1 ¼ cup nonfat milk
- 1 packet dry active yeast
- 4 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. water
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 oz. cream cheese, low fat
- 2 tsp. light butter
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. nonfat milk (may need more to thin out)
- Mix together flours and yeast.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Once melted, remove from heat and add in milk and sugar. You want the milk to be about 105-110°F or slightly above room temperature. Turn off heat.
- Add in egg to liquid mixture and mix well.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Use a stand mixer with a dough hook until no longer sticky or knead by hand for about 5 minutes.
- Place dough in bowl and cover with plastic wrap and let rise for about 2 hours.
- In the meantime, make apple pie filling by placing apples, cinnamon and water in a pot. Simmer over medium heat until apples are soft and retain their shape, about 15 minutes.
- Turn risen dough on to a floured surface. Roll dough evenly to a rectangle shape, about ¼-inch thick.
- Spread applesauce over dough and sprinkle cooked apples on top.
- Roll dough from the long side until you have a long roll. Cut the roll into about 12 slices and place on a greased baking dish.
- Cover baking dish and let rise for about 20 minutes. During this time, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- After letting the dough rise, bake the cinnamon rolls for about 25-30 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- While the rolls are cooling, make the glaze by combining butter, powdered sugar and cream cheese in a food processor or blender. Add milk until desired thickness.
- Spread glaze over the cinnamon rolls.