Apple Pie Yogurt ParfaitRecipe posted in: Breakfasts, Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Snacks, Desserts
Sweet and delicious—this Apple Pie Yogurt Parfait combines all the right ingredients to make a tasty treat that is sure to fill your sweet craving the healthy way. Juicy apple slices and smooth vanilla are just two of the sweet ingredients used in this healthy parfait.
Need a meal on the go? Whip up this Apple Pie Yogurt Parfait. Looking for a healthy dessert? “Indulge” in this decadent snack. In a bowl, combine apple, cinnamon, nutmeg, calorie-free sweetener and vanilla extract. Microwave mixture for about one to two minutes, or until apple has softened slightly. In a separate bowl, mix Greek yogurt with ground cinnamon. Grab a mason jar, clear glass or any bowl of choice and spoon half of the yogurt into the bottom, top with apple mixture and repeat. End with a scoop of the apple mixture on top and sprinkle with protein-packed walnuts. Not a walnut fan? Top this delicious treat with crushed almonds!
On your Nutrisystem meal plan, this Apple Pie Yogurt Parfait counts as one SmartCarb and one PowerFuel. This healthy snack is just 186 calories, full of flavor and absolutely delicious. While this tasty treat racks in the health benefits, it’s still important to log your Apple Pie Yogurt Parfait in the NuMi app. Consistently logging your daily intake can increase weight loss results. Want to learn more about the many benefits of using our food tracker app? Check out 12 Reasons Downloading the NuMi App Will Help You Lose Weight >
Are you an apple lover? We’ve got plenty of recipes for you to try out:
Want to lose weight enjoying cake, ice cream and even cookies? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 186
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 PowerFuel
- 1 small apple, peeled and cored
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- ½ packet calorie-free sweetener (e.g. stevia)
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ Tbsp. water
- ½ cup nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. chopped walnuts
- In a medium microwave safe bowl combine the apple, 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, half of the packet of the calorie-free sweetener, vanilla extract and water.
- Microwave for one to two minutes until the apple is tender. Remove from the microwave and set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, mix Greek yogurt with 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon.
- In a mason jar or clear glass, spoon half of the yogurt into the bottom of the jar or glass. Top with half of the apple mixture. Then, repeat (ending with the apple mixture). Sprinkle with walnuts.