If you’re looking for healthy fall recipes, this one will be the apple of you eye. Our Chocolate Caramel Apples are super tasty and less than 100 calories. Apple picking season is upon us and you may be stocked up on this sweet fruit. We’ve lightened up the classic caramel apple so that you can enjoy it on your weight loss program.
To make these chocolaty caramel-covered apples, slice the ends off two apples and cut them in half. Create a slit in the bottom of each apple slice and insert a popsicle stick.
Grab a bowl and melt chocolate chips with a little coconut oil by microwaving for 10 seconds at a time. Once it is fully melted, stir the chocolate. You can then either dip the apple slices into the chocolate or drizzle it over top.
In a separate bowl, melt four pieces of caramel chews by microwaving for 10 seconds at a time until it is melted. Drizzle the melted caramel over your apple slices. Before the chocolate and caramel hardens, top your apples with crushed nuts. We love the recipe with peanuts but you can also use almonds, cashews or walnuts. Enjoy your fruity dessert on a stick!
One serving of these Chocolate Caramel Apples contains 94 calories and counts as half of a SmartCarb and two Extras on the Nutrisystem plan. Keeping track of meals and snacks throughout your weight loss journey can help you stay accountable and see success. The NuMi app make this easy and complements your Nutrisystem plan.
Apples are one of our favorite SmartCarbs here at Nutrisystem. Check out these other healthy apple recipes for your weight loss menu:
- Air Fryer Apple Chips >
- Apple Cinnamon Smoothie Bowls >
- Apple Pie Yogurt Parfait >
- Air Fryer Baked Apple >
- Pumpkin Pie Applesauce >
- Booze-Free Appletini >
- Easy Apple Crisp >
Lose weight while enjoying healthy meals and snacks with Nutrisystem! Learn more about our weight loss plans.
Calories per Serving: 94
On Nutrisystem, Count As: ½ SmartCarb and 2 Extras
- 2 medium apples
- 1 Tbsp. chocolate chips
- 1/8 tsp. coconut oil
- 4 pieces of caramel chews
- 1 Tbsp. peanuts, crushed (You can also use almonds, walnuts or cashews.)
- 4 popsicle sticks
- Slice off ends of the apple, then slice each apple in half.
- With a knife, make a little slit in the bottom of each apple slice. Insert popsicle stick into each slit.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave for 10 seconds at a time until fully melted. Stir. Dip or drizzle chocolate over apple slices.
- Place caramels in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 10 seconds at a time until melted. Drizzle melted caramel over apple slices.
- Immediately top with crushed nuts before chocolate and caramel hardens.