Your favorite cereal or homemade apple granola in the world couldn’t beat this amazingly hot, sinfully delicious Air Fryer Baked Apple.
This easy baked apple recipe turns raw, wholesome ingredients into something unrecognizable in the best way possible. Air fryers are a gift from above making sugary, caramelized and softened treats attainable, no matter what your weight loss goal.
Learning how to make this baked apple is easy. All you need is just a smidge of butter and cinnamon. This Baked Apple (or pear!) recipe is an American favorite sure to bring comfort your way without busting the calorie bank. In fact, Air Fryer Baked Apples clock in at fewer than 150 calories (with carbohydrates of the SmartCarb variety), but bring the bakery taste of some of your favorite calorie-laden pastries. Now how do you like dem apples? Double up for a flex snack.
While one Extra is noted per serving, you’ll see that this recipe is extra everything in the flavor department. Click here to learn more about Nutrisystem Extras >
Calories per Serving: 139
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1/2 SmartCarb, 1/2 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 1 medium apple or pear
- 2 Tbsp. chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. raisins
- 1 ½ tsp. light margarine, melted
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat air fryer to 350° F.
- Cut the apple or pear in half around the middle and spoon out some of the flesh.
- Place the apple or pear in frying pan (which may be provided with the air fryer) or on the bottom of the air fryer (after removing the accessory).
- In a small bowl, combine margarine, cinnamon, nutmeg, walnuts and raisins.
- Spoon this mixture into the centers of the apple/pear halves.
- Pour water into the pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.