Fill up on fresh fruit with this sweet healthy apple snack recipe that’s perfect for summertime! Apple nachos are the new trendy treat that should be on everyone’s healthy menu. With a layer of crunchy, thinly sliced apples, a drizzle of nut butter and a few tasty toppings, you can create a unique and beautiful dessert that you’ll want to enjoy all season long.
Preparing this apple nachos recipe is easy as can be! Simply slice up an apple and arrange the slices neatly onto a plate. Drizzle with a tablespoon of almond butter in a zig-zag motion. Finally, add the toppings! We chose a tablespoon each of chopped pecans, chopped dried cranberries and mini chocolate chips.
This healthy snack recipe makes two servings, so it’s perfect for sharing with a family member on a hot summer day. You could even whip up these Apple Nachos as a quick and easy snack for the kiddos! One serving contains 170 calories. If you’re on the Nutrisystem weight loss plan, you can log it in your NuMi app as half of a PowerFuel, one SmartCarb and one Extra.
Healthy Hacks: Switch up this Apple Nachos recipe with your favorite healthy toppings!
- Not a fan of almond butter? Try it with peanut butter or cashew butter.
- Don’t like pecans? You can swap in slivered almonds, chopped walnuts, cashews and even pistachios.
- Feel free to also use a different dried or fresh fruit that you enjoy. Blueberries, sliced strawberries or bananas would be great!
- Other additions include unsweetened coconut flakes, seeds, melted chocolate (try using your NutriChocolaty Wafers!), honey, granola (like Nutrisystem’s Granola Cereal or Chocolate And Hazelnut Flavored Granola!), cinnamon, low-fat yogurt, white chocolate chips or fat-free whipped topping.
The nacho possibilities are endless! If you come up with a new combo, feel free to share it with us by submitting your creation on our Recipe Submission page. (Don’t forget to include an image of your recipe so we can see how beautiful it looks!) Click here to submit your recipes! >
Fruity, no-bake recipes are perfect for hot summer weather. From perfect popsicles to dreamy nice cream, we have plenty of delicious and healthy ideas for your weight loss plan. Get some summer recipe inspiration from the tasty treats below:
- Raspberry Lime Protein Popsicles >
- 4-Ingredient Banana Nice Cream >
- Mini No-Bake Lemon Coconut Cheesecake Bites >
- 2-Ingredient Strawberry Froyo >
- Lemon Poppy Seed Energy Bites >
Lose weight in time for summer with a convenient meal delivery service! From our perfectly portioned meals and one-on-on coaching to our simple meal plan and free NuMi app, Nutrisystem is your go-to weight loss plan. Click here to get started! >
Calories per Serving: 170
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, ½ PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. almond butter, warmed
- 1 Tbsp. pecans, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. mini chocolate chips
- Arrange apple slices on a plate.
- Drizzle almond butter over the apple slices.
- Sprinkle the pecans, dried cranberries and chocolate chips on top.