Greek Shredded Chicken NachosRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Appetizers, Snacks
These are “nacho” average nachos! Serve up this Greek-inspired snack on game day or movie night. Topped with protein-packed shredded chicken, fresh crunchy veggies and creamy feta cheese, these Greek Shredded Chicken Nachos are a unique and healthy twist on a Mexican favorite.
Homemade pita chips are the base of this nacho recipe. Simple slice up whole wheat pita bread into wedges and bake at 400 degrees for eight minutes. Throw on your shredded chicken and feta cheese and pop them back into the oven for another three minutes. Finally, add the rest of your toppings. We love the fresh flavor and texture of halved cherry tomatoes, diced cumbers and chopped red onions. Fresh parsley adds freshness, sliced black olives add a bit of saltiness and tzatziki dip adds creaminess and classic Greek flavors.
This sheet pan nacho recipe make six servings, so it’s perfect for game day with the whole family. One serving clocks in at 175 calories. If you’re on the Nutrisystem weight loss program, you can log it into your NuMi app as one PowerFuel, one SmartCarb and one Extra. While there’s not enough veggies to be considered a full Vegetable serving, you can easily throw on some more tomatoes, onions and cucumbers to get there!
Healthy Hacks: Turn these chicken nachos into beef nachos with shredded steak or ground beef! You can also make fish nachos with your favorite white fish.
Love Greek-inspired recipes? Check out our other tasty ideas below!:
- Greek Orzo Summer Salad >
- Greek Cod with Brown Rice Pilaf >
- Mediterranean Greek Yogurt Marinade >
- Greek Ratatouille >
- One-Pan Greek Fish and Vegetables >
- Marinated Greek Chicken Skewers >
- Mason Jar Greek Salad >
Nutrisystem makes snack time easy! We send perfectly portioned versions of your favorite treats right to your door. Lose weight and get healthy with our simple meal plan and food delivery service! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 175
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb, 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 3 whole wheat pita bread
- 8 oz. cooked chicken, shredded or chopped
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup cucumber, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup tzatziki dip
- 2 Tbsp. sliced black olives
- Cut each pita into 8 wedges and place onto a baking sheet. Spray with nonstick spray and bake at 400°F for 8 minutes.
- Top pita chips with chicken and feta cheese and bake for 3 minutes.
- Top with tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, parsley, olives and tzatziki dip.