Mediterranean Greek Yogurt MarinadeRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Sides, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Liven up your chicken with this delicious, easy-to-make Mediterranean Greek Yogurt Marinade. It’s the perfect complement to protein-packed chicken to kick things up a notch with a whole lot of flavor and a dash of zest. Not in the mood for chicken? this marinade can be used to accent any Nutrisystem-approved meats and can even be used as a veggie dip!
In a mixing bowl, thoroughly combine all ingredients. If using as a chicken marinade, combine ingredients with two pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast in a gallon-sized zip top bag. Close the bag tightly and massage to mix the marinade with the chicken breast. Once well-coated, pop the bag in the refrigerator overnight to allow the marinade to set in. If you’re using the Mediterranean Greek Yogurt Marinade as a dip, simply mix all ingredients together, slice your veggie of choice and dig in. It’s that simple (and that delicious!).
This recipe makes eight servings. On your Nutrisystem meal plan, each serving counts as one Extra and cl0cks in at a mere 32 calories. Be sure to log each serving in your NuMi app, as this marinade can be easily over-consumed due to its deliciousness. Consistently logging your food intake can increase your weight loss results. Not familiar with our food tracker app? Find out all the details here >
If Mediterranean food is your go-to guilty pleasure, we’ve got plenty of healthy Mediterranean-inspired recipes that you can add to your weekly menu! Check out a few of our favorites below:
Want to lose weight enjoying delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners? Nutrisystem’s got a plan for you! Click here to learn more >
Calories per Serving: 26
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 Extra
- ¾ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- In a bowl, stir together all marinade ingredients until well-combined.
- If desired, combine marinade with 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast in a gallon-sized zip top bag. Close the bag tightly and massage to mix the contents, ensuring that the chicken is well coated. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight.