Healthy Mediterranean Tuna PitaRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Who knew healthy food could taste so good?! Featuring nutrient-packed tuna, chopped red onions, olives, dried tomatoes and feta cheese crumbles, this Mediterranean Tuna Pita serves up a whole lot of fabulous flavor sure to fill you up without filling you out.
The best part is, this delicious dish counts as two PowerFuels, one SmartCarb and two Extras, making it a perfect Flex meal. Just be prepared to double the healthy recipe… once your family members get a peek at this dish, they’ll be wanting some, too!
Feel free to top your sandwich with your favorite non-starchy veggies, such as lettuce, tomato slices and cucumbers.
Looking for other delicious lunch recipes? Check out our Chicken Pita Pocket! >
Calories per Serving: 338
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 PowerFuels, 1 SmartCarb and 2 Extras
- ½ cup tuna, canned in water, drained
- 1 Tbsp. chopped red onions
- 1 Tbsp. sliced Kalamata olives
- 1 Tbsp. diced sundried tomatoes
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 1, 6-inch whole wheat pita
- Mix tuna, onions, olives, sun-dried tomatoes and olive oil until well combined.
- Stir in feta cheese.
- Add tuna and cheese mixture to pita bread.