Healthy Mediterranean Tuna PitaRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Who knew healthy food could taste so good?! Featuring nutrient-packed tuna, chopped red onions, olives, dried tomatoes and feta cheese crumbles, this Mediterranean Tuna Pita serves up a whole lot of fabulous flavor sure to fill you up without filling you out.
The best part is, this delicious dish counts as two PowerFuels, one SmartCarb and two Extras, making it a perfect Flex Dinner. Just be prepared to double the healthy recipe… once your family members get a peek at this dish, they’ll be wanting some, too!
Looking for other delicious lunch recipes? Check out our Chicken Pita Pocket! >
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 PowerFuels, 1 SmartCarb and 2 Extras
- ½ cup tuna, canned in water, drained
- 1 Tbsp. chopped red onions
- 1 Tbsp. sliced Kalamata olives
- 1 Tbsp. diced sundried tomatoes
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 1, 6-inch whole wheat pita
- Lettuce, tomato and cucumber for toppings
- Mix tuna, onions, olives, sun-dried tomatoes and olive oil until well combined.
- Stir in feta cheese.
- Add tuna and cheese mixture to pita bread.
- Top with lettuce, tomato, and cucumbers.