Mediterranean Salmon with PestoRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
This Mediterranean Salmon with Pesto is so tasty, it’s hard to believe it’s totally guilt-free! Featuring haricots verts (fancy for French green beans), roasted tomatoes, shallots and pesto, this recipe is packed with flavorful ingredients that meld perfectly into one mouthwatering meal.
You can purchase you own favorite pesto, or give this recipe a try: Not Your Mother’s Pesto.
For those on the Nutrisystem program, this recipe makes a great base for a flex dinner. Pair it with brown rice for an added SmartCarb, and feel free to add in more veggies! Need a flex meal refresher? We’ve got you covered here.
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 2 PowerFuels and 1 Vegetable
- 4 oz. salmon
- 2 tsp. pesto
- ~10 haricots verts
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 Tbsp. shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 wedge of lemon
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Create an ice bath and line a plate with a cloth or paper towel.
- Wash and trim haricots verts. Boil haricots verts for 1 minute, then carefully remove beans with a slotted spoon and put in ice bath. After 3-5 minutes, remove haircots verts from ice bath and place on paper towel lined plate to dry.
- Tear a large square of aluminum foil. Lay haricots verts in the center of the foil.
- Layer salmon on top of the haricots verts. Spread pesto on top of salmon.
- Sprinkle shallots and grape tomatoes on top of the pesto-coated salmon. Squeeze lemon over salmon and vegetables. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Fold the sides of the foil over the salmon and vegetables, covering completely; seal the packets closed.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven until salmon has cooked through, about 20 minutes (cook time will vary depending on thickness of salmon and desired degree of doneness).