Marinated Greek Chicken SkewersRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Lunches & Dinners, Main Courses
Chicken on a stick? Sheer genius! These Marinated Greek Chicken Skewers are flavorful and filling, making them the perfect guilt-free go-to at meal-time. Want to enjoy this delicious dish as a flex dinner? Help yourself to two kebabs and serve them with a half cup of cooked brown rice. Enjoyed this way, your meal will count as one SmartCarb, two PowerFuels, one Vegetable and two Extras.
Servings: Makes 8 servings
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 skewer counts as 1 PowerFuel, 1/2 Vegetable, and 1 Extra
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1-2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 red onion, quartered
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Spray chicken with cooking spray then toss in garlic, oregano, salt and pepper and let marinade for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining olive oil and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Preheat indoor grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Thread skewers, alternating chicken and vegetables.
- Grill, turning and drizzling with sauce mixture, until chicken is cooked through.