Healthy and Cheesy Cauliflower NachosRecipe posted in: Flex Meals & Snacks, Snacks, Appetizers, Snacks
Get ready for game day! We’ve got a nutritious and delicious appetizer that is sure to keep you on track during the big game. Dig into this delicious, healthy sheet pan nacho recipe with a unique twist. Instead of fried tortilla chips as the base for our delicious toppings, we used a tasty low-carb swap for our nachos: cheesy cauliflower!
To add extra flavor to our delicious Healthy and Cheesy Cauliflower Nachos, we make a homemade taco seasoning blend. It features a savory and spicy combination of spices, including chili powder, cumin, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika. Don’t just limit yourself to just nachos: You can use this seasoning blend in many different healthy homemade recipes! Use it to season chili, add it to beef for a taco salad bowl or coat chicken for some delicious fajitas.
One serving of these Healthy and Cheesy Cauliflower Nachos contains just 216 calories. They count as one PowerFuel, two Extras and one Vegetable on the Nutrisystem program. If you’d like to add a SmartCarb, add on some black beans for extra fiber! You can even throw on more veggies like chopped onions, bell peppers and tomatoes.
Looking for more delicious appetizers to serve up during the big game? Check out this round-up of 10 tasty game day recipes! > From Loaded Potato Skins and BBQ Chicken Nachos to Skinny Spinach Dip and Deviled Eggs, we’ve got a tasty treat for everyone at the party. To satisfy your sweet tooth, be sure to stock up on these 11 frozen sweet treats from Nutrisystem! >
Do you have your own favorite healthy nacho recipe? Submit your creative creations on our Recipe Submission page for a chance to be featured on The Leaf! Click here to submit your recipes. >
Reach your weight loss goals with a convenient meal delivery service! Nutrisystem sends perfectly portioned meals and snacks directly to your door. Learn more about our programs here! >
Calories per Serving: 216
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel, 2 Extras and 1 Vegetable
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. taco seasoning (see recipe below)
- 6 oz. lean ground turkey
- ½ cup shredded Mexican cheese, reduced fat
- ¼ cup pico de gallo
- ½ avocado, diced
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut cauliflower into florets and then cut thin, flat slices to resemble "chips".
- Place cauliflower on baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and season with 1 tsp. of the taco seasoning. Toss to coat. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes. until tender and starting to brown.
- In the meantime, cook ground turkey in a pan over medium-high heat until it's no longer pink. Season with the remaining 1 tsp. of taco seasoning
- Remove pan from oven. Use a spatula to push the cauliflower together in the center of the pan. Sprinkle with ground turkey and cheese. Return to oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Top cauliflower with pico de gallo, avocado and cilantro before serving.