Football season has arrived and you need diet-friendly snacks to enjoy during the game. This dairy-free nacho cheese sauce will be your new tailgate buddy.
You won’t fumble on your diet with this healthy take on a game day favorite. Filled with healthy fats and protein, our cashew-based nacho cheese sauce is sure to satisfy your junk food cravings. We know it’s hard to stay on plan when you’re surrounded by unhealthy snacks. Tackle your weight loss goals and enjoy football Sunday while dipping into this dairy-free Cashew Nacho Cheese Sauce.
To make this delicious dip, grab your blender or food processor and combine soaked cashews, water, nutritional yeast, smoked paprika, cumin, garlic and chili powder. Blend until it’s smooth and stir in diced fire roasted tomatoes with chilies. Pour it into a bowl and serve with chips or vegetables to dip. Enjoy your healthy half-time treat!
One serving of this Cashew Nacho Cheese Sauce is only 111 calories and counts as one PowerFuel and one Extra on the Nutrisystem program. Feel free to drizzle it on tacos or use it as a dip. We have the perfect Air Fryer Tortilla Chip recipe to dunk, just make sure to add another SmartCarb and Extra to your count. You can also pair it with your favorite non-starchy veggies. While you’re dipping, log this cashew dip in our NuMi app! NuMi is easy to use and will help you reach your weight loss goals. Get started with your NuMi Journal here >
Hungry for more nachos? Try out these other zesty recipes:
- Crispy Cauliflower Nachos >
- Nacho-Style Roasted Chickpeas >
- BBQ Chicken Nachos >
- Nachos With a Sweet Jalapeno Kick >
- Crispy Nacho Cheese Chips >
If you love healthy snacks but don’t feel like cooking, Nutrisystem has a plan for you! Check out our programs here >
Calories per Serving: 111
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 1 Extra
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in water for 4+ hours
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ¾ cup canned diced fire roasted tomatoes with chilies
- In a blender or food processor, add all ingredients except for the fire roasted tomatoes with chilies. Add more water to thin it out as needed.
- Stir in fire roasted tomatoes with chilies.
- Pour into a bowl and serve with chips or veggies.